When to wash clothes and pack bag?

maybaby2018

Reaction score
So I'm nearly 32 weeks and I've started maternity leave. When did you start washing bits and packing your hospital bag?

Im 33 weeks (34 this weekend) and I have just done my hospital bag and put it in the boot of the car.

Im still working full time at the minute and don't plan on finishing until 38 weeks so whenever I get a spare minute I try and get stuff done.

Saying that, she still doesn't have a moses basket yet!! xx

I'm 35 weeks. I go on mat leave next week so I'll start doing it then. With my daughter I packed my bag the night before I was taken in to be induced at 40+2 though so I'm not convinced by my good intentions.

I was 35 weeks when I washed everything and put it in the bags, I added little bits to it from then.

I have a bag now and when I buy stuff I'm putting it in there but it's by no means packed it's just all in there so I don't miss place it.

I will sort it properly by 34 weeks.

I am 23 weeks at the moment

With my first I packed and washed stuff around 37 weeks, with my second probably not until about 39 weeks (my babies are always late, so I have no need to rush!)

With my first, I had it packed by 36w.

With my second and third, I made out the list beforehand and taped it to my dresser. I didn't pack those bags until the morning I went into labor. I try to labor at home for as long as I can before heading off to the hospital.

I don’t suppose it can hurt to do it too early! But just keep in mind you might go overdue.

With my first I was all packed at 35 weeks and was induced at 41 weeks. But it’s not like it mattered the bag was sitting there for 6 weeks haha.

With my last I think I packed at 37 weeks and she was born 38 so that was good timing.

But honestly if you’re finding time to do it, do it. And then make a list of things to put in last minute like your makeup and toiletries and just have it handy for the start of labour.

I'm 34 weeks (tomorrow) and only just started getting things together. I've just been putting little bits and pieces in a carrier bag until I can get round to finding my overnight bag and sorting through his clothes. We're in the process of doing his room and the house is upside down!

I'm hoping to have it packed and ready in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully by the time I go on maternity leave in 3 weeks I'll be somewhat ready for his arrival.

Tbh i havent even started shopping this time around how bad is that ds1 i was packed super early he showed at 36 weeks ds2 we wasnt expecting so when i was in labour with him i had to rush a small bag as new he would need nicu but ds3 i was packed at 28 weeks as wanted to mqke sure if he was early we was prepared this little lady i think we have brought a handfull of cloths so gonna be a rush when actually hit 35 weeks to get things sorted xx

I just finished packing my hospital bag today :)

I'm still working through the laundry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->