When to wean???

missyb

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I just want to no at what age did you start to wean? I no the recommend ages is 6 month, but can you start to wean before?

How do you no when to start weaning?

What did you give your baby baby rice, baby porridge or veg puree?

i am not there yet but my friend did it from 3 months which i dont advise.
I think theres like the wean test thing? can little one hold head up. give them a banana and see if they put it to their mouth or something?
x

is there a reason why you dont want to wait until 6 months? x

If there's a medical reason why your LO might need weaning early, then your HV and GP should be able to give you all the info you need. Otherwise it's best to wait until 6 months, nothing to be gained from starting earlier.

We started at 5 and a half months with sticks of steamed or roasted veg. She showed she was ready as she could sit up, pick up the food, put it in her mouth, chew and swallow. Next time I would probably wait until 6 months or a bit later so that the baby could eat whatever we have straight away. There's no hurry! Enjoy the simplicity of only milk feeds for as long as you can!

I started weaning at 4 months. He has rice cereal, veggies, and fruit puree's. Usually cereal or fruits in the morning, fruit or veggie at lunch, and a veggie at supper time. Of course, he also has 5 to 6 5oz bottles a day. He has taken to the solids very well and loves them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->