When to worry about breech position?

Ellivort

Reaction score
So DD has been cozily nestled in footling breech position for almost 2 months now. I thought she would have moved around and am now getting concerned she may stay like that come due date.

I know I am still only 26 weeks, but I reeeally don't want a C-section or any complications of a breech birth.

I have an US coming in my OBs office in the new year to see if she's moved any.

Has anyone else experienced their bubs staying in the same place for such a long time, but still moving into proper position come delivery day?:wacko:

Is there anything I can do? I've tried giving her a stern talking to about the importance of position but she doesn't seem to be getting the message! :haha:

Yes my little boy was like this until 38 weeks then he turned X

My bubba is breech - or was at 20 weeks - I read that most babies turn by 30-32 weeks, so I'm hoping that once my mw starts checking their position that they have moved! So I'm not going to worry about it till then. I don't think the nhs would do much early on anyway, I think they would leave it as long as possible before deciding to intervene. Apparently there are certain stretches/positions etc you can do the 'help' move them, I guess I'll give them a go later on if I need to!

My ds was breech from about 24 weeks and stayed that way unfortunately!

I had him by elective section at 39 weeks and must say it was a very positive experience. I did read that your more likely to have a breech baby if your pelvis/hips are out of alignment or of you have an issue with either of your legs. I had spd and broke my ankle at 33 weeks so I had both factors.

Most babies do turn though so fingers crossed yours will too :)

The spinning babies website has a section on positions to flip a breech baby :)

Most Docs don't really start to "worry" about until 34+ weeks. All 3 of my boys were breech up until a few days before delivery. My daughter was head down from 20 weeks on and so is this baby girl... Weird coincidence?? LOL
I second www.spinningbabies.com that's how I got my boys to turn!

I was told not to worry until 35 weeks. On the last ultrasound at 22 weeks my LO was breech but I'm pretty sure she is head down now. I can feel her on my cervix like she was at 18 weeks. Prior to 30 weeks, they still have a lot of room to move and are quite active.

36 weeks here they will refer to the hospital for breech to have a scan and look at ECV etc

Popping in from 3rd tri, my first 2 babies were breech until at least 38 weeks. Can't remember exactly but they both flipped on their own near the end and I had natural deliveries. Good luck!!

Also, not sure if it helped or not but I bounced on my exercise ball a lot! Just while watching TV.

My first son was breech at my 28 week scan. He was head down by my next scan at 34 weeks. I didn't worry back then because he was my first and I didn't know any better. My daughter was head down by about 32 weeks, I think. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and the past few days, this baby has been doing full on flips in there still. Like actually flipping all the way over. It's super uncomfortable when he does it! Hopefully both of ours will soon go head down for good.

Also, not sure if it helped or not but I bounced on my exercise ball a lot! Just while watching TV.

I always used the exercise ball too, it's supposed to be good for opening your hips and helping baby drop down and prepare for labor as well! Plus by the end it's one of the last comfortable things to sit on lol. Time to get mine out again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->