When to worry about green poo?

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
My LO has just recently started having some green diapers (a couple a day), her stool has always been somewhat mucousy but was generally mustard in color and seedy. They always appeared as normal bf diapers to me. But when she started to have some green diapers I started to google and get concerned about the mucous/green consistency. There were a few with some red blood specs in them (wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't inspecting her diapers closely) also. I've tried to google "normal bf stool" but there's so many variations it seems on what is "normal" so hard to compare.

But this is the thing, I'm a paranoid person but For some reason I don't feel overly concerned ? She is generally a happy healthy girl, doesn't really fuss a whole lot and she has been gaining weight well and doesn't seem to be in any distress. She drains my breasts well and I feel like she is getting hindmilk bc her pumped bottles in the fridge always have a lot of fat coagulated on the sides. Should I trust my instincts that she's okay or make a bigger deal out of this?

Also is a great sleeper, waking up for only one feeding at around 4am only.

Have you checked the issue on being allergic to cows milk protein? If you use cows milk I'd look into that if you ruled out foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.

It just happens sometimes. As long as she doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, I'd say its fine.

It just happens sometimes. As long as she doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, I'd say its fine.

Pretty much. My baby had some green poop right around the time I had my last appointment with his pediatrician and he told me not to worry too much about his poop unless it's black, red or white.

My Los mucus always went green and mucusy when she had a bit of a virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->