When to worry about headaches?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by nixy0306, Nov 17, 2011.

1. nixy0306

nixy0306 Active Member

Been getting headaches for the past couple of days, worse during the night. Last night everytime i woke up to turn over (which i'm sure you'll all appreciate is a lot these days!!) it took me a while to get back to sleep because my head was hurting - its more behind my eyes. I'm 37 weeks today, just wondered if i should be concerned that they haven't gone off and to ring midwife cos of risk of pre-eclampsia or am i being over paranoid? I only have slight swelling in my hands, enough to have to take my rings off but not massively swollen?
    Any advice would be much appreciated please :flower:

2. Daisy1986

Daisy1986 Well-Known Member

I've been getting a mild headache every day for the past month. Midwife said it's a headache that doesn't go away with pain killers x

3. PinkGlitter87

PinkGlitter87 Aidan's Mummy :)

I had mild headaches for a few days, nothing that i thought i needed to bother anyone with and a little swelling around the face (not really noticeable).. at my routine mw appt a few days later they found my bp was v high despite only not really any big symptoms.. im now on drugs to control it and am getting induced at 38 weeks. It could be nothing but i would say call ur midwife, best to be safe :) x x x