When will I give birth?

norahbattie

Reaction score
I'm 36 weeks tomorrow with our first and over the last week or so I have really noticed by bump dropping. Two weeks ago our midwife said that we were engaged and baby was already a fifth into the pelvis, well I'm sure there is more in there now.
Have been having so many Braxton hicks as well but last night had to be the worst (god knows what I'll be like for labour) they were more frequent and woke me up from my sleep. Had the most horrible period pain as well that lasted 45 minutes I was contemplating getting out of bed to take pain killers but just felt too heavy (and lazy) to move.

Oh yes and the nausea has returned especially worse in the evening.

So my question to you, I realise this is all preparing me for labour but how long (on average) will this carry on for, I'm desperate to meet my little one now though absolutely love being pregnant too.

How long is a piece of string? :shrug:

Baby will come, when baby is ready.

First babies tend to engage early and an increase of BH is normal at this stage. I went 11 days over with my 1st even though he was engaged for a while and it even felt like he was going to drop out but he still wanted to stay put lol.
Rest up! Xxx

I wish there was a way to tell when they're going to come! Unfortunately there isn't, could e early, could be late. It's annoying waiting though!
Statistically first time mums are more likely to go over and the majority of babies come a week either side of the due date. Good luck x

I'l agree with everyone else and say if your 36wks it could be anytime in the next 6 weeks (hope you dont go 2 weeks over tho!)
Just cos babies engaged doesnt mean its on its way unfortunately :( although i think most ladies would agree that they wish it did!)

I agree, there's no way to know, unfortunately.. Some ladies walk around several cm dilated for weeks!

Latest update, I am now 37+1 and still pregnant, these last few weeks feel like they are dragging on, I just want to meet baby but then again I am not fully ready yet (despite buying everything - we are still falling over boxes)
For the last 2 weeks or so, I have been having a pinky discharge (I presume a show) on wiping though I had an episode of bleeding around 33 weeks and found to have a polyp on my cervix so it could be from that...I doubt it though
Since my last mw appointment last Friday (31/5) baby hadn't dropped into the pelvis anymore :( so looks like she is here to stay for a little while longer, over the last few days though my tummy has been feeling incredibly tense and my belly button is soooo painful, I don't think my tummy can stretch anymore! Anyone else had these symptoms?
counting down now....

Just a warning, mine engaged really early at like 35 weeks. Then she decided she wanted to unengage herself! I was so convinced she was going to be an early baby - seeing as she's my first, you don't really hear of first babies unengaging much. Now I'm overdue!! 40+2 today and no sign of any impending labour! :nope: x

No way to know... I will guess for you June 24 is a good day

This is my third baby and been 3/5 engaged since 36 weeks at last appt she was fully engaged which is why I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball between my legs! I get constant braxton hicks and have been nesting like an absolute maniac, you know what though I will probably go a week overdue like I did the last two times! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->