When will my milk dry up?

girlinyork

Reaction score
I stopped feeding my daughter a day after she turned 10 months old so I could go on new medication. She weaned really well and I didn't even get engorged. I occasionally give my nipple a cheeky squeeze every now and then and I still have milk. How long do you reckon til it goes completely?

I only managed to breast feed Kian for about a week before I had to make a trip home on the plane and I wanted to pump because I didn't want him hanging off my boob in the middle of a busy airport :haha: but then was misinformed by a midwife that I couldn't pump and breast feed because it would confuse the baby :dohh: so I made the hard decision to start on formula anyways so I stopped when he was about a week old and I only stopped producing milk about 6 months ago (it was a very sad day for me :( :haha: ) so if your the same as me it could take a good while!! Lol but I think everybody is different tbh :flower:

Wow that is quite a while o.o

Did AF return while you still had milk? I've not had AF since 2012!

AF? Sorry not good with all this lingo :haha:

Oh :haha: yes but they where very irregular but tbh I've always been very irregular so I'm probs not the best person to ask :dohh: haha :flower:

I'm sure at breastfeeding group I was told you have milk for as long again as you fed for. I fed for 16m, and def still had something there 4m later. AF returned 6w after I stopped, so AF did return while I still had milk. I can't say whether it was regular or not tho, I got preg on my 3nd cycle lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->