When will you be putting up your x-mas tree?

I’m dying to do it! Last week in November for us I think. I try to wait til the first week in December every year but I just can’t :haha:

It’s great seeing what everybody else does. I love this time of year, it’s just so cheery!

I like your idea twag of putting the tree up on the evening of 30th November ready to start advent calendars on the 1st.

I'm not sure yet :cry: getting the tree out of my loft is usually a bit of a faff, there's no ladder so I usually have to balance on the top of my banister. This year I'm pregnant, so balancing anywhere, especially on a ledge the size of my foot, and the top of my stairs, probably isn't a good idea!! OH isn't back from uni until Dec 15th, which is much too late, so I'll have to find/bribe someone else to go up there!!
I also have the issue that I have no space in my living room for it! We had to move everything around to fit in the dining table and our new sofa. So the only real space would be in front of the window. But then it blocks the (very little) light we get, and blocks the radiator too, which means no tree chocolates! And I think it would block the view of the tv from the sofa too! :dohh: :dohh:

Sorry to totally change the subject.. but luci and bump - i noticed in your sig your daughters name is evelyn... do you pronounce it eve-lyn or ever-lyn. Do people tend to pronounce it wrong? We havent even conceived #3 yet BUT if its a girl we would like this name.. however my mum reckons people woulf say evelyn rather than everlyn :dohh:

Sorry to totally change the subject.. but luci and bump - i noticed in your sig your daughters name is evelyn... do you pronounce it eve-lyn or ever-lyn. Do people tend to pronounce it wrong? We havent even conceived #3 yet BUT if its a girl we would like this name.. however my mum reckons people woulf say evelyn rather than everlyn :dohh:

If I may butt in :haha: I have a relative called Evelyn and she says "Eve-lyn". If you wanted it to be Everlyn, maybe you could actually spell it like that? Otherwise she'd probably be forever correcting people haha. I don't know though, maybe other Evelyns say it your way!

I know a baby Evelyn and she’s an eve-lyn but I always accidentally say ever-lyn!

Since moving to the US 8 years ago we have been putting it up the day after Thanksgiving, so we will put it up on the 24th November.

Haha! Thanks both! i think if we do end up pregnant and with a girl i probably should spell it the way i would like it said to avoid confusion. :haha:

We say Ever-lyn. Her reception teacher called her Eve-lyn a few times, but DD soon corrected her! Now we don't have any problems with people saying it wrong :)

I actually like the spelling Everlyn, looking at it now!

Ah thats good to know! I just loooove the name!

I do too :) We tend to call her Evie, but at school she's Evelyn, because there's an Evie in her class. People compliment her name all the time. I like it because it's traditional, but not boring. And, when we named her, there weren't any others her age, and even now all the other Evelyns I know of, are all at least a year younger than her :)

We put ours up yesterday. Everyone thinks im crazy hehe

Attachments

• IMG-20171114-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20171114-WA0012.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 14
Ive got to wait to put tree up on 1st December as DH is a meanie with no Christmas spirit before December :cry:

....but I might sort out my lounge first so its all ready this weekend :xmas8:

1st, but maybe earlier :rofl:

That’s a stunning tree jensonsmummy!!

My kids are now desperate for me to put ours up after seeing the box I brought home yesterday, I’m so tempted lol

I always put ours up too early and then get sick of it by xmas day!
So this year we're waiting as long as possible.
Plus we've just moved home, and everything is everywhere! So once things are in their places and tidy, that's when I'll put the tree up.
Just need to decide where to put it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->