When Will you Introduce a Pillow?

fairywings

mum to Amy and Angel Ryan
Reaction score
Just curious as I have no idea. Thanks. :) x

About 13-14 months here and its a huge hit :yipee:

I introduced a pillow to leeon about 3 weeks ago and to be honest he sleeps much better since hes had it x

Max sleeps with a pillow if hes got a runny/stuffy nose it helps him sleep much better but he dosent have it all the time .

Goin to be introducing one as soon as i remember to stick the one i have throught the washing machine!!

Goin to be introducing one as soon as i remember to stick the one i have throught the washing machine!!

lol. Another reason i was curious is she travells up and down the cot all night!
Little wriggly bub. :rofl:

I've been wondering too. Erica is probably still too young for this, but when she comes into bed with us, she sleeps on one of our pillows with us, and seems to sleep more comfortably. I'm curious about when I can introduce a pillow. I think she'd sleep better.

I've been wondering too. Erica is probably still too young for this, but when she comes into bed with us, she sleeps on one of our pillows with us, and seems to sleep more comfortably. I'm curious about when I can introduce a pillow. I think she'd sleep better.

They say 12 months hun x

I thought it was probably something like that. Thanks hun!!

12 months, ok :)

But since she is so wriggly I would be worried she would smother herself. i mean seriously she goes from one end of the cot to the other all night, would one work right now? :(

Or should I wait?????

If your worried about that ^ why don't you try placing the pillow on the matress and then putting the sheet on top...that way the pillow won't really move but her head is raised...if you get me? (i'm so crap with words lol) x

If your worried about that ^ why don't you try placing the pillow on the matress and then putting the sheet on top...that way the pillow won't really move but her head is raised...if you get me? (i'm so crap with words lol) x

I have always done this when leeon was too young for a pillow but had a cold or trouble breathing but always put the pillow under the mattress x

Yeah I get you :) Makes sense :dohh:

Colton has one that stays in his crib. It matches him cover. I dont normally lay him straight on it, but he does scoot up to it/climb onto it during the night. He does the same with our pillows on our bed (there are four), and since he cosleeps most of the time he is usually on one anyways.

Tom's a real wriggler/mover in the bed. We got them both pillows probably at around 15 months when we got duvets. Charlotte is fine but Tom always ends up sleeping on top of the covers feet where his head should be.

The pillows they have are so light that I'm not worried about him getting smothered.

Jack used to sleep better in our bed when he was a few months old, therefore when he went into his own cot we put in one of our pillows, he slept really well with no troubles.

i have been wondering about this too, my baby looooooooooooves the pillow and he co-sleeps. i want to move him to a crib soon and we got a little pillow from off the airplane ( we asked lol we didnt steal it) coz we thought they are quite flattish and small. i am worried though as he is young so i dont know whether to give it to him or not.

Well, it has been said 12 months on here, but even though Amy is old enough for one she will probably just throw it out of her cot! She throws everything out of her cot! :rofl: But I dont know how it works for co-sleeping. x

Umm, I know you're not supposed to... but when we were desperate for Anna to go into her own cot we decided to try and make it as much like being in our bed as possible - we snuggled her up in a blanket so it was nice and tight around her and she would feel cuddled, and we put a pillow in her cot for her... and then put 2 more blanket over her... Worked like a charm and she sleeps all through the night, but she is a very still sleeper - she never sleeps on her front or wriggles around - when I go to get her she is almost always in the exact same place and position in which I left her. We also have a very good baby monitor with an alarm on it, so we would know if something was wrong - I can usually hear her snoring away! lol

We introduced the pillow at about 8 months :blush: The health visitor said it was fine, though :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->