when would you bd?

KElwanger

Reaction score
So I'm cd13. Just took an opk at 11:30am. It is very close to being positive and bbased on prior cycles, I'm guessing if I take one later this evening around 6 or so, it will be positive. If that happens, I'll ovulate in the next 12-36 hours right? So let's say the earliest I could ovulate would be 6am tomorrow or the latest by 6am on Friday. I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to BD. We can either do it tonight around 11pm when dh gets home (definitely before ovulation), tomorrow morning around 7am (possibly RIGHT before ovulation), or tomorrow night after midnight (possibly after ovulation or right before, he works really late due to black friday stuff). What would you guys do? Would you even do two of those times or would that lower the sperm count too much? Tia!

So I'm cd13. Just took an opk at 11:30am. It is very close to being positive and bbased on prior cycles, I'm guessing if I take one later this evening around 6 or so, it will be positive. If that happens, I'll ovulate in the next 12-36 hours right? So let's say the earliest I could ovulate would be 6am tomorrow or the latest by 6am on Friday. I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to BD. We can either do it tonight around 11pm when dh gets home (definitely before ovulation), tomorrow morning around 7am (possibly RIGHT before ovulation), or tomorrow night after midnight (possibly after ovulation or right before, he works really late due to black friday stuff). What would you guys do? Would you even do two of those times or would that lower the sperm count too much? Tia!

you definitely want to dtd BEFORE ovulation. tonight would be the best option. but if you can, do it in the am as well. typically doing it 2-3 days before ovulation is best because the sperm needs time to get up to where it needs to be (may take about 12 hrs).

Good luck to you! :)
dust...

Thank you! That was really helpful. We bd'ed the last two nights before bed so that would definitely cover the 2-3 days before ovulation. So we will tonight and then if we do it again in the morning, just 8 hours later, is that okay for sperm count??

Thank you! That was really helpful. We bd'ed the last two nights before bed so that would definitely cover the 2-3 days before ovulation. So we will tonight and then if we do it again in the morning, just 8 hours later, is that okay for sperm count??

as long as your dh doesnt have low sperm count it should be perfectly fine to dtd tonight AND in am. i would if i were you :p

And I doubt he has low sperm count. We have no problem getting pregnant! First try with ds, accidental pregnancy in may ended in mc, and 2nd intentional try for baby #2 two cycles ago which also ended in a mc. So my problem is simply staying pregnant.

I'd definitely BD tonight and probably tomorrow night too. I got pregnant this time around from BD a day and a half after my positive OPK, so it can still happen that way, but it's better for the sperm to be lying in wait for the egg to be released.

And I doubt he has low sperm count. We have no problem getting pregnant! First try with ds, accidental pregnancy in may ended in mc, and 2nd intentional try for baby #2 two cycles ago which also ended in a mc. So my problem is simply staying pregnant.

Im VERY sorry to hear about the mc's. :(
fx for you that you will catch this little eggy and it will stick! :)

Okay ladies what do you think? Am I there or not quite?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=202877

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->