when you refridgerate your milk, how much fat forms on top

monte3375

Reaction score
I often wonder if I dont have enough milk fat. I generally only have a slight film that forms on side and top of refrigerated bottle.

Mine is the same Hun. Interested to hear others.

Mine is the same Hun. Interested to hear others.

yea, I am just wondering as my little guy is not growing by leaps and bounds, he is growing about 5 oz per week...a little guy for sure.

Mine gets a couple of mm thickness on top, but I notice it tends to stick to the sides of the bottle too, do you have this?

Sounds just fine. I pump at work, and sometime my milk has lots of fat on top, other times it is thin. It adjusts as your baby goes through different growth patterns.

Yeah, it sounds just fine. Believe it or not there is still hind milk in the foremilk and the creamy stuff at the stop is just where it has separated. Just keep on doing what you are doing. If he is having too much foremilk then his poo will most probably go green xxx

Sometimes it is really hard to get much out of the really fatty milk and what you do get out tends to stick to the pump parts before even going into the bottle, this is even more common with the newer BPA free type of bottles and pump parts as the plastic is quite soft and not as smooth as previously. Xx

Like other's have said, sometimes I have a few mm's of cream on top, other times it's closer to 2cm. When my hubby proudly showed my MIL one of my breastmilk bags with the large around of cream on top, she simply goggled at it. :haha: She said no wonder DD is such a chunky monkey!!

Hubby's proud of his "milk cow" I suppose :p Silly man <3

Usually a pretty noticable amount, like a couple mm, but I make small bottles (2 oz). I was short on bottles and put 4oz in one, and I noticed last night how much cream was in that one. Like 3/4" or more. It was a ton of cream.

My milk has always seemed really creamy to me, but LO was a preemie and has always been on the small side so my body probably makes fattier milk for his needs. He seems chunky to me, but he is actually on the normal/thin side for babies his age I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->