When?

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
When are babies supposed to roll over (tummy to back), hold their head up and stand up (with help of course!...but supporting herself)? Charlotte has been holding her head up and looking around (for a good 5-10 mins at a time) since she was 4 days old. She can sit up and support it for a good long time too. She rolled over yesterday and has been doing it like mad ever since. She also will stand up and support herself for a few mintues now too. She's only almost 5 weeks old! Isn't it kinda early??

Wow well done charlotte! Lily still cant do this. I think it depends, I heard some babies rolling over at 4 weeks some at 4 months. Shes lovely by the way and a lovely name!

Aspen started holding her head up quite early as well and could hold it for long periods unassisted at about 1.5 months. She never started to roll over that early though, she rolled over for the first time when she was 2.5 months and just only started now to do it non-stop. She rolls from back to tummy though. Sounds like you've got a strong little one :)

My LO also seems stronger for his age than what is expected. Went for his 6 week check up and doc couldn't believe how strong his neck is.

The other morning when I woke up I found him happily sleeping on his stomach!!! I always put him on his back to sleep.

From what I've read it seems that people's opinions of what a child does and when vary quite a bit.

Thanks y'all. The doc did say at her 4 week appt that he was surprised at how well she was holding her head up--guess she's just a strong girl...bodes well for her since she'll practically be raised at the fire house I guess! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->