Where can I find the motivation to lose weight :(

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
I find it really difficult to spend more than a week on a diet, I am one of those that has tried them all as well.

I am a closet eater, I don't admit what I've had and I do hide food or consume it all before anyone arrives home:cry:

I hate been like this.

I am currently 16 stone (have been the same for 4 years) and 5'6.

I just can't trust myself not to buy rubbish.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, I struggle to exercise as I have a neuromuscular condition, so I'm extremely weak.

x

First, ditch the "diets". Diets don't work. You need to concentrate on eating healthy, whole, nutritious foods. When you fill a plate, try doing half of it non starchy veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex carbs (fruit, whole grain bread, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, etc.), and a little bit of healthy fat (nut butters, coconut oil, butter, olive oil).

Second, this may sound harsh, but you're not going to be able to change until you take responsibility for yourself and trulywant to change. As for the closet eating, I've been there. And if you truly can't overcome it by yourself, you might need therapy. I'm not kidding. Closet eating is as much of an eating disorder as anorexia or bulemia. It's stemming from something mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->