where can I get fertility drugs?

BlessMeMom2Be

Reaction score
We have had unprotected sex for 3 years now and have bee. actively ttc for 2 years. I track with opk's and checking cm, we are not sure what else we can do to help of chances of conceiving. My periods are also regular. My gyno won't prescribe anything to us and he reasoning is for me to try losing weight first. Im a little overweight but have been big boned my entire life. I've seen the same dr for years now. Should I try another dr or take the risk of purchasing something online.
My husband has 2 children from a previous relationship I would love to have a child of my own

Hi BlessMeMom2Be:wave:

I think your GP may want you to lose weight first since fertility drugs work better on people if they're not overweight. From this article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2970793/):

Overweight and obese women have poorer outcomes following fertility treatment. They respond poorly to clomiphene induction of ovulation and require higher doses of gonadotrophins for ovulation induction and superovulation. Ovarian stimulation for assisted reproduction produces fewer follicles resulting in the harvest of fewer oocytes. Fertilization rates are poorer and the embryo quality is impaired in younger women who are obese. Pregnancy rate in some studies is lower and there is an increased risk of early pregnancy loss.

However I don't know how much overweight you need to be before it would create any issues. If you're not very overweight, you could try talking to 1-2 other GPs/GYNs and see what they say. Maybe one of them would be willing to help you.

I wouldn't take the risk of purchasing something online because it's way too risky:wacko: You have no idea if the seller is selling something that's ok or if it's something filled with junk that could do more potential harm than good. A good example is women who buy IVF drugs from e.g. Ebay and how risky that has been:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...isk-buying-IVF-drugs-sold-illegally-eBay.html

So yeah I'd advise you to not buy anything online:nope:

I am overweight and I have always responded well to fertility drugs , it really depends on the person everyone responds differently , I have seen skinny people who were poor responders. I would find a new doctor or there are a few pharmacys online but it takes approximately 10-20 days to get the clomid in the mail.

I would try a different dr. I definately would not self treat as it could go wrong. What if it caused you to not be able to have kids or to need surgery because something went wrong?

When I was on fertility meds for ivf I was monitored 2-3 times a week with ultrasounds and blood tests to check my horomone levels and have my dosage adjusted accordingly.

I also had multiple blood tests before being put on fertility drugs which the dr used to determine the dosage best for me and my body.

Good luck, and I'd go see a different doctor before taking matters into your own hands.

Don't buy prescription meds online! They could be anything. They are prescription for a reason!

Especially since you don't know what's wrong. If you're tracking with opks can you temp to confirm ovulation? If you ovulate clomid may cause OHSS which is dangerous.

Try another dr who may do a due test to check tubes or who may he more helpful to you loosing weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->