where di you keep your car insurance documents?

xcharx

Reaction score
:hi: everyone

Was just wondering where do you keep your car insurance documents??

I keep mine in my paperwork thingy at home but I was just thinking if I had an accident (touch wood I won't) I wouldn't know what the hell to do :shrug: are you suppose to keep it in your car?

Thanks x

I keep mine at home as well.

Never had an accident (luckily) so not sure, but I think you just swap details (license plates, name of insurance company, etc).

I wouldn't feel safe keeping my documents in my car.

I "think" you are supposed to keep them in your car, Or atleast the cover letter to your insurance x

I keep all of ours in our paperwork folder.

Never thought to leave any of it in the car :/

You should never keep insurance docs in the car incase it ever gets stolen.

I keep them in the house. If you have an accident, you swap details, name, address, contact number & who you are insured with.

Ooh see I always wondered what you do if you did have an accident.. I thought maybe you had to tell them your policy number :dohh: makes much more sense now :haha: x

In a purple folder car things :).

I just had an accident I just said my insurers name.

Keep documents safe and preferably not in the car. Keep a pad of paper in the car and a pen and pre-write the things you need from the other driver (it's hard to remember when you're in that situation).

Name (ask for driving licence or other ID to confirm)
VRM
Make/Model/Colour
Insurance Company
Contact information

Don't keep them in the car because if something happened like your car getting robbed then they have all your details. I keep it all in a folder at home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->