Where did he go?

cuteboots

Reaction score
My 11 year old just started secondary school in september. He left the house a happy easy going, well mannered (well enough mannered for an 11 year old). Hes come back a stroppy preteen, with serious attitude problems.

Oops! is he hanging around with other lads that are influencing his behaviour?

He had went to a very small primary school and now this school in the nearest town is very big and alot its a very good grammer, the kids are very street wise, were as he's not. I guess that the attitude is partly coming from there, I just don't know if its partly a settling in phase and he'll adapt and come back to himself or will this continue through his teenage years? feel like im banging my head against a wall at the minute. No matter what I say to him it just isn't registering.

It might also be the change. Some children act up at home to deal with a big change in their lives, like changing schools.
I know my eldest son has this problem. Whenever his life changes he is unsettled and acts out towards us. I always am a bit easier on him during such a period as I know he will go back to being himself once he is settled.

Good luck! I will hope for the best for you and that it is just a phase.

See that's the thing the teachers have all commented on how pleasant he his!!! sorry are you sure its the same child we are talking about??? lol.

Im hoping that once the 1st month is over him he'll settle and have adjusted enough to be his normal easy going self.

My almost 11 year old is doing the same thing though
I think its age more than influence.
Some days are better than others
but I think a good bit of it is hormonal
His Pediatrition says that boys go thru a change very similar to girls so it would be a surge of hormones similar to when a girl starts puberty and gets her first AF
and his moods can change
he will go off happy and come back a complete turd
All you can do is keep your parenting consistant and wait it out I think

Im also wondering is it partly because I don't allow him to do certain things his friends are allowed to do. The nearest town to us has been having alot of trouble, I grew up in belfast during our so called troubles and even what is going on there worries me. His friends are allowed to go into that town after school and at the weekends. He isn't street wise and doesn't understand what is going on down there so I really don't want him caught up in it. He however see's it as me just saying no again.
Have had a chat with him today when he came home growling again, atm he's happy, how long will it last? Ive no idea but its quiet for now lol

not far from teems and hormones are coming into play,i wouldnt worry just let it run its course it dont mean he dont love you,hes just growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->