Where do I begin planning my wedding?!

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Please help meeee :wacko:

I got pregnant last November and engaged on Christmas day. Now that my little boy is 5 weeks old I think it's time for me to begin planning, except, I have no idea where to begin.

The obvious thing to do would be the where and when, but I don't want to set a date only to find we can't save and pay for everything in time.

Where did you begin planning?
What sort of things actually need organising?! I've only ever been to two weddings, neither of which were very big or extravagant.
Are there any websites you found useful when it came to getting ideas?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi! I'm kind of in this predicament too. My OH and I got engaged in March, and I've done no planning so far :dohh:

What we have done is sit down and talk about exactly what type of wedding we want, and what specific parts of the day are important to us. We know what kind of place we would ideally like - a barn or a wooden room with some space outside - but can't find anything like that in our area. That is what has thrown us so far. But I do think that it is helpful to know what we are both expecting from our day, and hopefully that will help us in the long run.

We just want a small-ish wedding, but even knowing that it is hard to set a budget, I think, because everything is so varied. We don't have a set date yet either, because we need to find somewhere to have it first. I think that is just the first thing we want to do, and then hopefully other things will be easier.

We are trying not to think too much about other people's weddings, and just focusing on what we want.

We are in the same situation and are starting with venue. Then I'm making an ideas book with approximate prices so we can work out a budget and go from there.

I can barely get my OH to sit and talk to me about the wedding. He seems to think he doesn't need to have an opinion on anything, like it's MY day and not his. So frustrating lol.

Start by writing out a rough guest list, once you have an idea of numbers it can help narrow things down.

Do you want a civil or religious service?

Once you know those two things you can start looking for venues.

Start by writing out a rough guest list, once you have an idea of numbers it can help narrow things down.

Do you want a civil or religious service?

Once you know those two things you can start looking for venues.

Is it stupid that I don't know the difference between the two??
I literally know nothing about weddings lol

Religious would be in a church and civil would be done in a registry office or a hotel

Hey :) I am getting married in October :) we went to go and see a few venues and then put down a deposit on one and everything kind of fell into place from there xx

Well all we have done so far is set an approximate date that would work for both of us and write an approximate guest list.
We have also started to research venues online, looking to start booking viewings of the venues after christmas. Our date isnt until December 2015 so we have over two years to save. The fund has started! x

Yeah I think it might be a 2015 date. Reuben can have a suit to toddle around in then :)

I've seen a lovely place where we can get married indoors and then a marquee attaches to the building so we can have our meals etc outside. That way if it rains, we won't get wet.

I think I'll make a rough guest list and go try on some dresses, that'll give me an idea of cost straight away.
With the meal I'm going to subsidise it. We have such a big family that I think we'll pay for the main but if they want any dessert or starters etc then they pay for it

Theknot.com and I also liked offbeatbride.com but I don't know if its still around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->