Where do I go from here?

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I lost my little one at 11 weeks, two weeks ago.
I had a d&c last Wednesday, July 20th.
We want to "get back on the horse" as soon as possible. I have read it's possible to conceive before even getting a period. I know it's not a guarantee, but I'd like to be able to try.
My situation is different. I can't just BD all the time. We require timing and planning, as we have to use a sperm donor. (We do at-home inseminations.)

I have my follow-up appointment on Thursday. I'm anxious to get there and get my answers.

I have taken some HPTs. Yesterday it was extremely faintly positive. Today it was a big ol negative. With the faint positive, the LH had a slightly darker faint positive. Today, it was negative, with only the faaaaintest line visible.
I know that in the miscarriage section I read that about 10 days after a d&c it can look like you're ovulating but you're not.
How long after will I get a true positive to show upcoming ovulation?
I just don't know where to go from here.
I'm still bleeding. Actually, I had pretty much stopped, and today I'm cramping again and bleeding an odd color.
I feel like I'm in limbo. I had everything charted out and knew my entire cycle, and now I'm lost. It took provera and then clomid to ensure ovulation and regulate my cycle.
And I read you shouldn't take clomid for six months after a miscarriage.
I don't want to have to wait that long. :(

I'm sorry Kahlua. I know it's hard but these things sometimes take time. Your cycle might be off this month due to the d & c. I don't know much about provera or clomid but you should ask your dr. if you should continue to take either.

Hang in there and in the meantime, keep using your OPKS to detect the LH surge. Hugs!

I am so sorry for your loss. I also miscarried at 11 weeks and had an ERPC (SIMILAR TO D&C) 4 weeks later as it wasn't happening naturally. Anyway it took 7 1/2 weeks for my next AF to show so it would have been 5 1/2 weeks after ERPC before i ovulated.
Hope this helps but everyone is different.

I am sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I ovulated about 21 days after my ERPC so later than usual but it did happen. Sadly it was not the cycle for us but it is possible.

As for clomid. I had my ERPC in June and have just been prescribed clomid to start asap from my FS who obviously knows my history and knows that I've just had a MMC. I've never heard the 6 months rule and think that the FS wouldn't have given it me if it was a problem.

Good luck :hugs: xxx

After my MC I had a D&C as well. It took forever for my AF to show up so my doc gave me provera and Clomid after 2 months. That some how. Jump started my AFs. As for the Clomid my doctor prescribed it to me 2 months after my MC. I got pregnant with my dd exactly 6 months from the day I had my MC. Good luck with everything I know exactly what you are going through.

I ovulated 23 days after my ERPC. I got a BFN 8 days after the ERPC and my ovulation was delayed by about the same time - once you have BFN your cycle kick starts again.

I'd ask your doc about the clomid and what's best for you - hopefully you can start it again soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->