Where do I start.. Think I'm slowly falling apart!

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
About 6 months ago I went to the doctors with large black, blue, purple bruising under both my armpits, she was baffled and did loads of blood tests, eventually came back I have to start of liver disease! Was told that if I lost some weight it would gradually go away.

Roll on the about 3 months ago, I seemed to lose all strength in my upper arms, its got so bad now that I can't put my hair in a bobble without OH holding my arms up for me, I can't reach to top cupboards or shelfs, I can't lift a full kettle its a nightmare!

So I joined the gym hoping to shed some pounds and get some strength back in my arms, I can't even lift 5k above my head!

Then last Thursday, I had a fall in town with LO, so have hurt all my back so went to doctors to discuss this and my arms and he did more blood tests, said he's checking for thyroid, diabetes, vitamin B12, they took 7 vials of blood.

Sorry for the long thread, I just feel so helpless at the minute, I mean I can't even carry LO up the stairs:cry:

Feel like its my fault because I'm overweight.

aww hun :hugs::hugs: don't worry too much! if your doc has done all sort of blood tests and as far as there's nothing too bad about them..Relax.
Have they done platlet test?? try to eat as healthy as you can...proper rest and c if things change?? i KNOW IT's easy to say and HARD to go through but i would still suggest to stay positive...it could be severe anxitey related (sp?). :hugs::hugs::growlmad::hug:
take care and lots'a love :)

Whats a platet test?

Thanks for the reply x

sorry hun i sort ov missed your post. Platlet test is to check your clotting factor, low platelet can sometime cause such spots and bruises...it might not be. If you're over weight it may be a pressure bruise.
Good luck Hun:hugs::hugs:

Depends how over weight you are really. I have always been on the larger side and never suffered from pressure bruises. I also consider myself quite fit for how overweight I am. Sounds like it is something more than to do with weight? Can being overweight cause liver disease? Blimey

It sounds awful! I hope you get answers.

Depends how over weight you are really. I have always been on the larger side and never suffered from pressure bruises. I also consider myself quite fit for how overweight I am. Sounds like it is something more than to do with weight? Can being overweight cause liver disease? Blimey

It sounds awful! I hope you get answers.

My liver is the start of N.A.S.H. (Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis)

My brother has it, but he has lost 6 stone and they have said all the fatty deposits have now gone, so I think he's in the clear for now.

I'm 16 stone, have been for 4 years, can't seem to get below it, but hopefully the gym will help.

I just generally feel crap all the time, I feel proper useless somedays!

Ask you doctor whether it's possible you may have Myasthenia Gravis - it's a neurological disorder which causes muscle weakness. It usually affect the eyes - eyelids and double vision - but I went for around 8 months unable to carry lo, and my legs are pretty weak too - just a suggestion xxxxxxx

Ask you doctor whether it's possible you may have Myasthenia Gravis - it's a neurological disorder which causes muscle weakness. It usually affect the eyes - eyelids and double vision - but I went for around 8 months unable to carry lo, and my legs are pretty weak too - just a suggestion xxxxxxx

Thank you I will.

I have a phone consultation on Thursday so fingers crossed I can find something out x

Hi, I have a liver problem too and just wanted to share this theory with you. People think that being fat gives you a fatty liver but it could be fatty liver causing you to be fat. This theory is because when fat deposits build up in the liver then it stops the liver being able to carry out its normal function (breaking down fat!!!) and it gets stored in your body. Apparently what needs to be done is to have an ultra low fat diet for a few weeks to eliminate the fat from the liver and then hopefully your body will catch up too once the liver is better and functioning.
I've not actually put this into practice yet myself but have just started to eat healthily today (as I started back in work today after 10 months off eating everything I laid my eyes on). x

Hi, I have a liver problem too and just wanted to share this theory with you. People think that being fat gives you a fatty liver but it could be fatty liver causing you to be fat. This theory is because when fat deposits build up in the liver then it stops the liver being able to carry out its normal function (breaking down fat!!!) and it gets stored in your body. Apparently what needs to be done is to have an ultra low fat diet for a few weeks to eliminate the fat from the liver and then hopefully your body will catch up too once the liver is better and functioning.
I've not actually put this into practice yet myself but have just started to eat healthily today (as I started back in work today after 10 months off eating everything I laid my eyes on). x

Well I'm trying to eat healthy but finding it near impossible! I need major motivation!!

Thanks for the advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->