where do you get your nappies from??

winegums

Reaction score
i buy pretty much everything i own off of ebay and occasionally gumtree, preloved etc etc

but i think they have some sort of nappy policy? as there is hardly any on ebay theres 2 on gumtree and NONE on preloved.

i have seen theres a swap and sell section here which might be handy but i feel bad as everyone has been around here for a while and i wouldn't want to say oh i'll buy that when they would rather sell it to someone they know off of here? if that makes sense?? loll

i have looked on some other sites like the cloth nappy tree one and some others but theres nothing currently i want on there.

and i really cant afford £15-£20 for one nappy new when that lasts me months in disposables!!

i have seen some crazy cheap ones on ebay from china etc and am watching them at the mo.... i googled cheap ebay nappies and came accross some discussions about them that said they were fine but i'm not sure!

anyone got any advice to give me?

oh and my OH said he will only use all in ones or the pocket ones??... i will use whatever i feel best with but just need some simple and cheap ones to try!

thanks again xxx

Hi Winegums, I was just about to post the same sort of thing!

You're not allowed to sell 2nd-hand underwear on ebay in the uk (don't know about other countries) so you won't find many preloved cloth nappies on there as that's what they're classed as. They do crop up on my freecycle every so often - saying that now I'm looking there probably won't be any more!

I'm seriously considering using cloth nappies this time too but don't know where to start!

i thought of freecycle as i used to love freecycle but now my email just gets filled up with

wanted: a car
wanted: an xbox
wanted: a laptop

etc its crazy and i can't be bothered with it anymore which is a shame as i got some lovely things off of there!!

xxx

I think ebay the nappies have to be new and unused. I use Cheeks and Cherires for new nappies and here and Cloth Napy Tree for preloved.

Thanks Arcane girl, I'll have a look at those. Is there anywhere you can go to actually see the nappies and have a play with them iykwim (hope that doesn't sound weird lol)

Winegums, I know what you mean about freecycle. Wanteds are getting out of control on mine too

I sold BGs and Naughty babies on here, I buy new from wherever ha the best price!

pinkie i'm not sure about shops and stuff but if you go to the baby show they will probably have someone there demonstrating!!!

i use swap and sell on here, cnt classifieds or i make my own, it's a handy skill to have :haha:

x

I buy off here or CNT (cloth nappy tree) I have yet to find anything that takes my fancy on Natural Mama

Just be wary of very cheap nappies....they can be cheap for a reason ie they may be more prone to leaks, may not last birth to potty and come with cheapy crap inserts.
Some people get on find with ebay cheapies but they have practically zero resale value so I dont see the point. Id rather buy known branded nappies second hand, like BGs, Fuzzis, Tots Bots etc.
You can often get preloved BGV3s for £5-10 each inc postage, I dont like them but many people do and I think they are a good place to start if you are looking at pocket nappies.

yes my OH saw the bg v3 and said 'that looks easy enough can we try one of them' but i dont know where to get it from! as im not paying £15 at the mo i guess i will keep watching these sites and see if something comes up! xxx

I should add that Pop-Ins are decent and cheap to buy 2nd hand too in most cases (usually £6-£9 each) they are BTP's. Not pockets but super simple to use and they have two types, bamboo and dream dri, be good to get a mix of both of those.

Second hand ones here; or new ones from Etsy, Millie's Nappies, Mammy Made or Cheeks & Cherries.

At local natural parenting store and online at Franklin Goose, or the actual store like gDiapers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->