Where do YOU shop for maternity clothes?

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not against the rules to ask this question, but I have no idea where to look for clothes.

Our mall is pretty tiny, Old Navy doesn't have a maternity section...

There is the option of buying online, but I'd really rather try on clothes so that I can see how they look rather than ordering and hoping for the best.

Where would/do you shop for your maternity clothes?

I like Target's maternity section and I buy most of my maternity stuff from there. The stores near me don't often carry the style I like (I prefer the full belly elastic over the under belly band.) in my size but I can usually find something to at least try on so I can get my sizing right. Then I order what I want online.

I've also ordered from Motherhood Maternity though I did run into sizing issues with them as I couldn't get to one of their brick and mortar stores to try things on. But I do know they have storefronts in areas so you could see if there is one nearby you.

I bought jeans from Motherhood maternity (secret fit belly is my favorite), and some tshirts. I bought shorts, nicer shirts, dresses, and tshirts from Target. So far has been my go-to, and I'm in there a lot.

I don't hesitate to buy maternity online because it isn't really sized, it's like s-m-l-xl. The sizing is pretty consistent, a medium is a medium is a medium, and most the stuff is designed to give and be flexible. The only thing I'd try on for sure first are jeans and pants. Shirts are pretty flexible and dresses too.

I bought some reasonably priced maternity shirts, leggings and shorts at H&M.

I've mostly bought pants and then a few nice shirts for business casual situations. My t-shirts still fit, but all of my dressy button-downs are a lost cause now.

Most of my purchases were at Old Navy, but I've bought a few pieces from Gap, Motherhood Maternity, Seraphine, and Pea in the Pod (@ Macy's).

I'm not a fan of Motherhood's shirts or dresses, which feel out of touch with fashion. Their upmarket brand Pea in the Pod is better, but wow is it expensive! I've been going to Macy's for the latter brand because they do discounts and clearances more often.

I did splurge on one dress and top from Seraphine. I feel like they're both pieces I can wear for a long time afterwards.

I bought a Pea in the Pod dress secondhand, it is lovely!

Kohl's has a maternity department. I've bought a few pieces from them.
I've ordered online from Old Navy and have been really pleased. Maybe order one or two pieces online and see how they fit. You can always return them if they don't.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!
I know there's a Target in the city I'm visiting the week after next, so I may swing in there, at least, so that I can do some trying and see what styles and sizes I like best, then go from there and see what I can find online.

Goodwill/Thrift stores. Garage Sale sites. Craigslist. Once Upon A Child. Clothes Mentor/Snooty Fox. Target. Meijer. Walmart. Motherhood Maternity.

<3

Mostly Target, Old Navy, and Motherhood. I have a lot of Lularoe stuff that still fits and looks like it will last me most of this pregnancy, too, even though it's not actually maternity. It's getting harder and harder to find a good selection in stores, even in Chicago, where we have everything. I just make sure if I order online that returns are easy.

I was bored and playing with shopping sites and found that Nordstrom has an amazing online selection. Unfortunately, none of it is in the physical stores. A good portion of the clothes are priced around Pea in the Pod levels ($50-$100 range), but I am seriously coveting a few of the dresses.

Is anyone else having trouble with the spandex panels on pants? I've never really been able to wear shapewear like Spanx because it makes my stomach upset after a few minutes, and I'm having that problem with some of my pants now. I'm currently pondering ways to stretch it out.

No problems with the secret fit belly ones, bit the target full panel ones are less comfortable.

I am wearing more dresses now as I find anything on the belly hot.

I have a feeling that once it's hot out, I'll not be able to wear anything tight on my legs or tummy, so dresses may have to be my go to.
I've always hated summer, so I'm not sure what being pregnant during summer is going to do to me. Haha.

I did go find a pair of maternity pants in a thrift store over the weekend! That was a lot of fun.

I'm already contemplating turning my inset panel jeans into bermudas and cutoff shorts for summer. It is already getting pretty hot in the afternoon where I live. I am not looking forward to 100' F (~37.5' C) temps in July. I plan to hide inside as much as I can.

It's 85° here today, and humid, and I was seriously tempted to just go out naked today :haha:

Oh, gosh, currently we're still holding around 55-60 degrees f and I'm freezing... but I know when it warms up for realsies, it'll be pretty close to unbearable!

I think I'll see if my husband will give me a big shopping spree for my birthday next month. :D

Old Navy!! Cheap and cute...I also buy a few sizes up. Also ROSS is amazing! Cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->