Where do you want to give birth?

I had a really bad (well for me lol) experiance at the hospital,they are so dirty , the hospital in england, suffolk,JAMES PAGET university hospital cleans the floors every few days and i only know that because i went to the central delivery suite and my partner spilt coffee on the floor, three days later it was still there, mank . so i am defo for home births

Oh stunning. Thats my local hospital :dohh:

The pain part worries me. I mean, I do NOT want a spinal--I want to be able to get up and move and walk and dance if I need to. I'm sure I could handle the pain--like I say all the time, we've been doing it FOREVER without it--but I won't know until I'm there! I would do an IV drip or something, but I need to be able to get out of bed or I think I might start getting panicky...

Definitely want a hospital birth as I think I would feel more comfortable with it and having people around who know what their doing and are used to screaming mums to be.
Also would need someone experienced there just in case OH passes out! :rofl:

The pain part worries me. I mean, I do NOT want a spinal--I want to be able to get up and move and walk and dance if I need to. I'm sure I could handle the pain--like I say all the time, we've been doing it FOREVER without it--but I won't know until I'm there! I would do an IV drip or something, but I need to be able to get out of bed or I think I might start getting panicky...

I know what you mean about panicking if you can't get off the bed.

I don't think there are any midwife run centres near me at all so it wil have to be the hospital for me... I have always wanted a water birth (since even before I wanted children!) but the one in my hospital is ALWAYs out of order because the hoist isn't working so I doubt that will be a posibility.

I personally can't see why they can't just set me up with a little paddling pool or something in the delivery suite :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I will get really stressed if I have doctors and midwives gathered around me and them all constantly nagging me to push so I want to try and keep it calmer if possible. Also instinct tells me it would be better to be standing up and rocking to let gravity give a helping hand so I would prefer to be mobile if possible. (I watch portland babies and the delivery programs all the time and it seems that people giving birth lying down with feet in stirrups always seem more stressed than those who are moving around) but that is just my humble opinion and probably wrong!

:kiss:

exactly. I want it calm, not crowded and quiet when I'm not vocing my opinion (I'm sure I'll of plenty of that!) I was toying with a water birth but I think that I'd rather labor in the water and get out to push. I didn't really have a plan up until just recently. I knew I ddn't want an epi but it was actually only just TODAY that I decided a lot of it. Dunno why, just seems important right now (maybe I've finally lost it!)

Definitely want a hospital birth as I think I would feel more comfortable with it and having people around who know what their doing and are used to screaming mums to be.
Also would need someone experienced there just in case OH passes out! :rofl:

Me too! hehe

I had worried about that actually....he says he'll be fine. He can be there, huffing and puffing right along with me but that he is staying on the head end of things becuase if e saw any of the "gross" (I call is beautiful haha) stuff, he'd puke. Which is true. I showed him a picture of some STDs (I was studying again) and he turned green and his head spun around so fast, I'm surprised it didn't turn all the way arond like an owl HAHAHA

I had Niamh in a birthing/midwife centre.

If I have another baby it will be at home :)

I know what you mean about panicking if you can't get off the bed.

I don't think there are any midwife run centres near me at all so it wil have to be the hospital for me... I have always wanted a water birth (since even before I wanted children!) but the one in my hospital is ALWAYs out of order because the hoist isn't working so I doubt that will be a posibility.

I personally can't see why they can't just set me up with a little paddling pool or something in the delivery suite :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I will get really stressed if I have doctors and midwives gathered around me and them all constantly nagging me to push so I want to try and keep it calmer if possible. Also instinct tells me it would be better to be standing up and rocking to let gravity give a helping hand so I would prefer to be mobile if possible. (I watch portland babies and the delivery programs all the time and it seems that people giving birth lying down with feet in stirrups always seem more stressed than those who are moving around) but that is just my humble opinion and probably wrong!

:kiss:

hi yes there are a couple of birthing centers in the south east depenin on where you are?? i am in kent and i know of 2 near me and i gave birth to my son with my feet in stirrups cause my midwife was not the best to be fair but that is another issue the best midwife i ever saw was male but it was very very stressful pm me and i will be able to tell you if they are anywhere near you! but to be fair there is not alot of difference between a home birth and a birth in a birthing center!
:hug:

I have enjoyed reading these replys as i am really not sure as i guess i havent thought too much into it and will see nearer the time. I guess i will worry more about my baby and wether if there are complications at a hospital all the equipment and help is there. but at the same time i wan to be relax and in control and have a homebirth! who knows
xx

I'm too much of a worrier. If I was to have a home one, I'd worry that something would go wrong! Although, I may choose that on my second child depending on how the first one goes.

deffo at home, i have never been in hospital apart from visiting people and going to a&e. apart from them i hate hospital!!!!!! i personaly think having babies has been over medicalised (sorry of my spelllings crap im dislexic) and i think is a natural process. Obv if there were any complications i would go to hosp in a shot but apart from that a home birth for me

I'm definitely wanting a home birth with a doula or masseuse. I'm not into hospitals, wouldn't go unless I was sick.

Home for me if I can help it. Too much dirt and too many people in hospitals :lol: I might compromise with a midwife-run birthing centre attached to a hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->