Where do your babies nap?

Jaymelynn

Reaction score
My lo will only nap on my lap :dohh: But I am trying to get him to nap in his pack n play which is downstairs in our living room. At night he sleeps in his bassinet upstairs in our bedroom. And sometimes a morning nap in bed with me. He is a horrible napper, but good nighttime sleeper so I am afraid I would ruin his evening sleep if he napped in his bassinet. I guess I worry about confusing him. I know that sounds a bit crazy. Where do your babies nap vs sleep at night??

If he naps! - then it's normally on his play mat in our lounge. I've heard people talking about putting him down where he sleeps, so our room. But unless he's actually asleep when I put him in there he wouldn't get himself to sleep alone in there during the day. But at night he self settles really well!!
As long as he's napping, I would say anywhere at such a young age is fine, it won't cause any bad habits, he obviously justs wants the cuddles with mummy! :)

Upstairs in her crib. I watch on monitor. That's the only place she loves to sleep ! Since she was born that's where she slept and she loves it! Besides we don't wake her with household noises...

She always falls asleep on me, or another person anyways. When she's fully asleep I transfer her into her bouncer or baby bean bag. I'm just starting to think about using the cot upstairs for naps x

She doesnt :rofl: lol, in her pram. I have tried a couple of times to put her down in her cot. She just rolls onto her tummy and chats to her teddies! I miss the days when she'd nap on me

My daughter always slept either in my arms or in a wrap or on a walk in her pushchair in the early days. Actually, she never slept in a cot for a nap until probably 7 months. As it is now, it's rare we're home for a nap (so often she sleeps in the car or her pushchair or the wrap still), but she sleeps fine on a cushion or in the cot at nursery. I think you do what works and what fits into your life. Babies who like to be held to sleep won't always, so do what you need to for now.

On me or in sling! My baby (nearly 12 months) is allergic to her cot! :dohh:

Haha- I guess we all have a bunch of non-nappers. He wont nap in the car seat or stroller anymore because he is too nosey. I guess I should not change anything since he is getting too big for his bassinet and will need to go in his crib in his own room soon at night :(

Could napping and sleeping in the same place make them mix up their nights and days? Or could they possibly nap better if they sleep in a consistent place?

At your lo's age my lo napped in the living room in the pram attachment to her buggy or bouncer.

My LO naps on me during the day, he used to nap in his bouncer but refuses to sleep in it now. The only place he will nap is on me.

At night he sleeps in his cot in my bedroom. I've tried putting him in his cot during the day but he will only sleep in it at night :shrug:

Yep a non-napper here too unless it is on my chest either in the sling or just lying down for cosy cuddles... DS never liked to nap with me though... so I secretly like it, they get big too quickly and these precious cuddles are memories to eat up (at least that is what I tell myself and hubby when I can't get any jobs done!! lol).

on me, with me (we sometimes nap together) or in his swing

LO is 17 weeks and naps on me mostly. I time his early afternoon nap with a walk so he sleeps in his pram. He then goes down in his cot a night. I keep thinking I should start making him nap in his cot but tbh I don't want to lose the cuddles! I'm very aware he won't want cuddles like this all too quickly and I just want to enjoy it. I do sometimes put him down once asleep but he never naps for as long when I do that.

Just do what works and makes you happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->