Where in the world would you like to move?

Abigailly

Reaction score
Is there anywhere you'd love to move? Realistically! We'd all love to live in the Maldives and spend our days in a hammock!

And if someone offered you the opportunity would you do it?

My OH could work anywhere in the world, what he does is in demand in every bank in the world.

We're trying to decide where to go, but I find it quite scary. I'm so close to my family but know it would benefit Niamh so much. There's no doubt that most international schools offer some of the best education in the world. Not to mention there's something about 'international kids'. They're often so much more confident (my Dad's girlfriend is the principle of an International school in Shanghai, my step sibling are both well travelled and we have had an exchange where several have stayed with us, it's not just a flippant judgement).

Decisions! :wacko:

australia or new zealand for me. don't ask me why i jsut always have.

dgirllamius, are you English speaking in Germany?

We're really considering Switzerland, which is Italian speaking. But I'm worried about Niamh and the language barrier. I'm fine as I speak 3 other languages fluently and pick them up so quickly. But I worry that it would be detrimental to her.

dgirllamius, are you English speaking in Germany?

We're really considering Switzerland, which is Italian speaking. But I'm worried about Niamh and the language barrier. I'm fine as I speak 3 other languages fluently and pick them up so quickly. But I worry that it would be detrimental to her.

Yeah I am.

If you do consider going to Switzerland then your lo will more than likely pick up the language very easily. I have spoken to exclusively Polish speaking parents here and their children picked up German very well when they went to kindergarten.

I'm with you OP, Maldives...or Seychelles maybe

Only if I had a butler to bring me cocktails whilst I chilled in the hammock....I can only dream *sigh*

ETA: Realistically...Australia (forgot to add the realistic part...too busy dreaming of cocktails, hammocks, white sand...........

I would move back to my hometown to be near my family and have my boys grow up where we grew up, no amount of sunshine makes up being away from family :( I don't think that'll happen though as our jobs aren't in our home town.

I would love to live in New zealand or Australia :) But couldn't leave or family.

holy shit that is such a hard question - i want to go everywhere! The worst part about breaking up with my ex OH was accepting that we arent going to be able to move abroad next year like we planned to. In the future I don't see myself staying in the UK though. Since I have a canadian passport I would love to eventually end up back in Vancouver.

Australia. But I really dont think I could leave my family

That's exactly how I feel, Lou. I don't see myself with in the UK long term. I always felt like such a home body. But now I just want out. I think next year's referendum has a lot to do with it. I just need to decide where.

Whether we go to Ireland to be near my partner's family or go elsewhere.

I love the idea of Canada. He was offered a job in Montreal. We're hoping to go and have a look around the place early next year.

Dgirllamius - She already knows plenty of French as I speak to her in French quite regularly. And she speaks quite a bit of Gaelic and a little bit of Spanish and Chinese too. So I'm hoping she'll be languagey too.

That's exactly how I feel, Lou. I don't see myself with in the UK long term. I always felt like such a home body. But now I just want out. I think next year's referendum has a lot to do with it. I just need to decide where.

Whether we go to Ireland to be near my partner's family or go elsewhere.

I love the idea of Canada. He was offered a job in Montreal. We're hoping to go and have a look around the place early next year.

Dgirllamius - She already knows plenty of French as I speak to her in French quite regularly. And she speaks quite a bit of Gaelic and a little bit of Spanish and Chinese too. So I'm hoping she'll be languagey too.

Montreal is my home city :) Id just say that if you really consider going there to read up on the language laws and bill 101...I think many people living outside of Quebec arent aware of these things. If you were to move to Montreal your daughter would be able to attend state school in English only if you are there on a work visa,if you eventually applied for perm residency she would lose that right and be forced into a french school. The law does not apply to private education. Thats just an example on what some of the laws are like and these only exsist in the province of QC not the rest.of Canada.

Id love to go back to Canada but never going to happen as my OH doesnt speak french and thats the only part of the country id want to live in as its home and all my family are there!

I moved to Australia from UK so am happy here :)

New Zealand. OH does too. I can see it happening but not until Issy is older because FOB would never agree to it.

if money was no object wed have a big house out by corbridge/hexham. or perhaps the Dumfries ans Galloway coast.

couldn't imagine living away from the north of England/Scottish borders

Canada definitely. And I'd go tomorrow without a second thought! Maybe one day...they always want nurses in Canada!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->