Where in the world would you like to move?

Sweden, The Netherlands or Canada - would love to spend a year or two in Japan, but not sure if I'd consider it as a permanent home.

dgirllamius, are you English speaking in Germany?

We're really considering Switzerland, which is Italian speaking. But I'm worried about Niamh and the language barrier. I'm fine as I speak 3 other languages fluently and pick them up so quickly. But I worry that it would be detrimental to her.

It depends on which part of Switzerland you go to - most of it is divided into French or German speaking; do you know either of those? There are tonnes of International schools there, and different languages are well accustomed to.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it but I think if children in International Schools perform well it's because if their parents have moved countries for work they're probably quite likely to be intelligent and driven individuals with strong work ethic, and therefore encourage the same in their children. So I wouldn't personally move purely on schools basis as you can give your child that support and encouragement anywhere in the world including "home". But if you want to move for multiple reasons then definitely worth looking at - take your time to really research and visit the place before you finally decide. Good luck - sounds exciting! :)

Either Spain or Lanzarote.

I went to Lanzarote on my honeymoon and totally loved it.

Japan in a flash. But I dont think oh would be up for it haha!

Anywhere tropical:) ive always wanted to move to california or move back to new york:)

Somewhere with a brilliant school system and quality of life like Finland.

I like it here in Norway. Or New Zealand cause that's where I'm from and it's beautiful :)

My sister lives in the UK, I think I'd like it there too. I love friendly british people and their
humour. Maybe Liverpool so I could be surrounded by that glorious accent :haha:

And I thought they mostly spoke german in Switzerland, never heard of them speaking italian??

Switzerland is mostly German speaking (swiss German even my oh barely understands them lol) and a small area to the south east speak Italian. A small part also speak Romansh. Its such a beautiful place and I love the fact its only a 6 hour drive away, would love to visit.

dgirllamius, are you English speaking in Germany?

We're really considering Switzerland, which is Italian speaking. But I'm worried about Niamh and the language barrier. I'm fine as I speak 3 other languages fluently and pick them up so quickly. But I worry that it would be detrimental to her.

It depends on which part of Switzerland you go to - most of it is divided into French or German speaking; do you know either of those? There are tonnes of International schools there, and different languages are well accustomed to.

Sorry, I should have pointed out that it was Lugano he's been offered a job so it's an Italian speaking canton, not that I thought the whole country was Italian speaking:haha:.
I speak French fluently, I was brought up with it as a second language, I also speak Spanish to advanced higher level.

I know there are plenty of international schools, I also know how expensive they are:wacko: I think we're going to fly over when he has his second interview and have a look about a couple of the schools that are near by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->