Where to train as a peer supporter?

noon_child

Reaction score
I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to use my experiences as a breastfeeding Mum (and one who found it hard as hell) to support other Mums who are trying to establish bf.

However looking online I just don't know who to go with for training! LLL, NCT, ABM, NBH......there are some organisations I'd never heard of, which made me think they wouldn't be as useful if they've not got their profile out there, but what matters to me most is that their info is up to date/relevant and the ethos is supportive not preachy.

I kinda naively assumed that there'd be some kind of UNICEF or NHS approved course!

Anyone on here have any experience/advice?

I'm due to start my NCT peer supporter training in Durham in the next few weeks. I managed to get on mine through our local baby café. If you have a local baby café, it is worth asking who ever runs it. Mine is a free course for 10 weeks and at the end I will be volunteering in our local baby cafes and also in the local antenatal clinics were we can talk to mums to be to make BF normal to them x

In my area, the training is done through the children's centres so it might be worth looking there :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->