Where you live

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
Just been thinking then about were I live, all the good and the bad. Thought it would be quite good to let the everyoner else share theres :)

Liverpool

Good

Liverpool & Everton team
Beatles were from here :)
Rebecca Ferguson
We hold the Guiness book of records for music
Matthew Street Fesitval is held here

Bad

The hospital that Ian Brady is in is literally a 10 minute walk from my Mums (were I grew up)
Its one of the places with higher crime
Hillsbrough memorial :cry:

Cant think of anymore

I live in Basingstoke but come from Reading so know way more about the latter.

Reading

Good:
Transport links
Shopping
A very good hospital
Football

Bad:
Very expensive
High crime rates
Overcrowded
Very little green space
Poor schools
Football

Lol, thats not a very good list is it? The main thing is my family are there and that makes it a special place.

I'll do my county rather than my town because we live quite rurally.

Derbyshire

Good points
- Amazing countryside
- Lots of local produce
- Reasonably low crime rates
- Loads of places to visit
- Goes from built up areas to countryside in the blink of an eye
- Peak district
- Brilliant market in Chesterfield
- Not too expensive a place to live if you are reasonable

Bad points
- No one famous comes from here :lol:
- The amount of countryside can make it feel a bit isolated and boring
- Internet service isn't too great
- Everyone knows everyone elses business

Just been thinking then about were I live, all the good and the bad. Thought it would be quite good to let the everyoner else share theres :)

Liverpool

Good

Liverpool & Everton team
Rebecca Ferguson

Bad

The hospital that Ian Brady is in is literally a 10 minute walk from my Mums (were I grew up)

Cant think of anymore

I'm in Liverpool aswell, so hope you dont mind me just adding to your list.

Good

Everything you mentioned. Plus, I only live just outside the city centre so can walk in to town no problem, which means no buses :happydance: (I hate buses!)

There is so much to do with children for free here, the museums, art gallery, St Georges hall, the albert dock, strolls along the mersey.

The shops arent bad.

Alder Hey hospital for the children is fantastic.

I think some people who live here don't appreciate what they have on their doorstep, so many tourists pay to come here and we can go and see all the sights for free!

I havent been to many other places were strangers will just start having a laugh and joke with you, and its just accepted that you might not know people but they will speak to you like you have known them for years. It is very friendly.

Bad

Where I live loads of the kids will walk around in big gangs which does intimidate people.

The stupid status dogs people have. I bought a parent facing pram for this reason.

My area is so run down and horrible looking, most of the people are friendly though, but then you have lots of drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, gangs etc... I don't really like going out in the night time.

The bad reputation the city has - but I'm hoping this will turn around with all the regeneration.

All in all I do love my city. I've moved around to different cities when I was in uni, but I always missed home. xxx

Liverpool

Good

Liverpool & Everton team
Rebecca Ferguson

Bad

Cant think of anymore

Good

Everything you mentioned. Plus, I only live just outside the city centre so can walk in to town no problem, which means no buses :happydance: (I hate buses!)

There is so much to do with children for free here, the museums, art gallery, St Georges hall, the albert dock, strolls along the mersey.

The shops arent bad.

I think some people who live here don't appreciate what they have on their doorstep, so many tourists pay to come here and we can go and see all the sights for free!

I havent been to many other places were strangers will just start having a laugh and joke with you, and its just accepted that you might not know people but they will speak to you like you have known them for years. It is very friendly.

Bad

Where I live loads of the kids will walk around in big gangs which does intimidate people.

The stupid status dogs people have. I bought a parent facing pram for this reason.

My area is so run down and horrible looking, most of the people are friendly though, but then you have lots of drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, gangs etc... I don't really like going out in the night time.

The bad reputation the city has - but I'm hoping this will turn around with all the regeneration.

All in all I do love my city. I've moved around to different cities when I was in uni, but I always missed home. xxx

Hiii its no worries :) Were about do you live? x

I'm just outside of Liverpool, and my areas not so bad - however, we tend to be in Liverpool more than here.

Love all the Museums, galleries, places to eat L1

BAD: too many clubs and pubs that I don't get to visit that much anymore lol! ;)

Cornwall

Good -
Beaches
Countryside
Wildlife
Low crime
Lovely fresh local food
Good restaurants
Great schools
quieter roads

Bad -
Summer months are crazy with tourists - bad drivers, busy streets, queing traffic, more car accidents...
Could do with some more high street shops

That's all I can think of! I love it down here

Montreal

Good
- Very affordable for a major city
- Good weather and lots of sports for appropriate hot/cold seasons
- A unique culture in North America
- Very family friendly, universal $7/day childcare for all incomes
- 5 hour drive to NYC, 7-8 hour drive to places like Virginia Beach etc.
- Low crime rate

Bad
- Flat (sorry I'm from the Rocky Mountains, it disorients me)
- A unique culture in North America (which leads to a lot of politics and I do occasionally experience some racism being Anglophone)
- Politics, politics, politics. You girls from the UK think the whole English/French rivalry is bad? Put them all in the same country together and whoaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It's bad :rofl:
- Nobody's fat and there is a huge pressure to be skinny!

Liverpool

Good

Liverpool & Everton team
Rebecca Ferguson

Bad

Cant think of anymore

Good

The shops arent bad.

Bad

Hiii its no worries :) Were about do you live? x

I live in kensington. Where abouts are you. :flower: xxx

Cornwall

Good -
Beaches
Countryside
Wildlife
Low crime
Lovely fresh local food
Good restaurants
Great schools
quieter roads

Bad -
Summer months are crazy with tourists - bad drivers, busy streets, queing traffic, more car accidents...
Could do with some more high street shops

That's all I can think of! I love it down here

Pretty much exactly the same as this here in Devon

I'll do my county rather than my town because we live quite rurally.

Derbyshire

Good points
- Amazing countryside
- Lots of local produce
- Reasonably low crime rates
- Loads of places to visit
- Goes from built up areas to countryside in the blink of an eye
- Peak district
- Brilliant market in Chesterfield
- Not too expensive a place to live if you are reasonable

Bad points
- No one famous comes from here :lol:
- The amount of countryside can make it feel a bit isolated and boring
- Internet service isn't too great
- Everyone knows everyone elses business

Fantastic list, I can't wait to move back next year although we'll be in Alfreton and not Chesterfield :) x

Essex

Good.
Loads of things to do
Right near the city
Weve got our name on tv (lol)
Great transport links
Barack obama flew over my house going to (southend airport)
Helen mirren/Lisa snowdon/lee evans etc lots of famous people from here
Lots of beaches
Longest pier in the world

Bad.
Essex Reputation
Expensive to live
Everyone knows everyone
ummmm...cant think any more..

Corby - The east midlands

Good-
Louise mensch left ! haha
It is quite green, Lakes and woods etc, and it is surrounded by villages, castles ! and countryside.

Bad-
Almost everyone works for minimum wage
The unemployment rate is at 6 per cent for youths
Everyone (besides the scottish) asking if you are Scottish, Frankly it's just annoying and hard to explain why everyone sounds so Scottish.
No cinema!

New Forest:

Low crime
good schools
parent partnership and inspiring you (two fantastic kids schemes for disabled children we are lucky to have)
national park on door step
good beaches in walking distance
live on the waterside
feel safe out and about at night etc
only 25mins from southampton for shopping etc

bad:
crap transport links
crap internet
tourist months are ridiculous and they feed the ponys and donkeys making them more likely to go up to cars etc making more accidents
takes ages to get anywhere with speed limit of 40

London

Good
- Public transport (you don't need a car)
- Museums
- Theatre
- Loads going on in general
- Shopping
- Sightseeing
- Huge variety of things like restaurants, different ethnic food stores etc (and a lot that are cheap, contrary to popular opinion)
- Markets
- Great parks

Bad
- House prices
- Pub prices

I want to live in Cornwall :(

Scarborough-

Good-
The beach, definately take it for granted
So close to amazing countryside.
Good schools
University is in town.

Bad-
Summer, we get overrun with tourists and you can't move!
Lack of decent shops
Not really anything for kids to do.

Il add more wen I think of more x

I've only lived in Runcorn since last November (originally from Northwich), so I'll try my best to answer!

RUNCORN:

GOOD POINTS:
Good bus service
Good doctors practice
House prices are cheaper than a lot of areas
Lots of Poundland style shops (not on everyone's good list, but I like them, haha!)
Some nice places for dog walks
Good children's centres with lots of activities

BAD POINTS:
Most kids in my local area have no respect
There seems to be quite a lot of anti social behaviour
Not many places to eat out
Runcorn bridge is usually packed with traffic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->