Which are the best ovulation kits to use?

pebbles10

Reaction score
Hi what do you think are the best ones to use??

Thinking of buying some, I had some cheap ones before hand and not sure about them.
I've seen the clear blue ones but are quite expensive. ( dh told me to try as they are on special offer in boots)

Any feed back would be great.

I think most women love cbfm but my cycles were long sometimes and they were quite expensive so I went with Wondfo opk's. I could use them 2-3 times a day and they worked great for me...super cheap too!

I just buy the cheapies on ebay (£3 odd for 30) and back-up with Clearblue Smiley's. When my line was getting darker on the cheapies, I would use the CB smiley's to see if I had a smile. A lot cheaper than exclusively using Clearblue Smiley's, and more accurate at checking ovulation :) Hope this helps...

I'm just using cheap dip ones. One Step branded from Amazon.

The best I have had were clearblue fertility monitor which you buy ov tests for. Expensive though.

Thanks everyone.
I will do both I think, cheapies and clear blue.
You all on these boards are really helpful. It's nice to know you can talk to people whom are in a similar position to you.x

I'm going to order some on amazon I think.
Anything to help with ttc with pcos.xxx

That's it...erratic cycles are definitely costly OPK wise...Do you use Fertility friend to chart your cycles too? x

That's it...erratic cycles are definitely costly OPK wise...Do you use Fertility friend to chart your cycles too? x

I don't know how to....
Hospital one all of it for me when I conceived dd in 09-
There grew my eggs so didn't work on charts. Went by scans!
Can I please ask how u do it???

Newbie to this

This is what I do, too. I have irregular cycles, so I use the wondfos until I start to get close to ov (ie. I start to see a second line), and then switch over to CB digitals since the wondfos aren't quite sensitive enough for me to give a positive. This way I mostly use the cheapies to narrow it down to a few days, and just use the more expensive tests when I'm pretty sure I'm about to ovulate.

Oh wow how amazing! :)

Basically it's a matter of taking your temperature every morning, before you even get out of bed (starting on the 1st day of your menstrual cycle). You mark your temperatures on a chart. fertilityfriend.com is a great site to use and they have lots of helpful tips. Don't worry about buying a vip membership - basic is sufficient :) You should see a clear temperature rise when you ovulate... after a few cycles of temping, fertility friend will give you crosshairs showing if and when you ovulate.

If you need any help with it just let me know :) xx

This is what I do, too. I have irregular cycles, so I use the wondfos until I start to get close to ov (ie. I start to see a second line), and then switch over to CB digitals since the wondfos aren't quite sensitive enough for me to give a positive. This way I mostly use the cheapies to narrow it down to a few days, and just use the more expensive tests when I'm pretty sure I'm about to ovulate.

Thank you, I'm gonna try this.xx

Basically it's a matter of taking your temperature every morning, before you even get out of bed (starting on the 1st day of your menstrual cycle). You mark your temperatures on a chart. fertilityfriend.com is a great site to use and they have lots of helpful tips. Don't worry about buying a vip membership - basic is sufficient :) You should see a clear temperature rise when you ovulate... after a few cycles of temping, fertility friend will give you crosshairs showing if and when you ovulate.

Oh thank you so much.
Ill have to go and buy a thermometer, I might give this a try and see how I go. Ill sign up to fertility friend now.xxxx

Oh thank you so much.
Ill have to go and buy a thermometer, I might give this a try and see how I go. Ill sign up to fertility friend now.xxxx

Fantastic! :) Hope it helps xxx

Signed up just Gotta buy thermometer, is it classes as a bbt? Body basal thermometer

Signed up just Gotta buy thermometer, is it classes as a bbt? Body basal thermometer

Any thermometer will do really. Some prefer to use the ones with 2 decimal places at the end (36.32 for eg) for more accuracy, but I just use a normal cheapie one with 1 decimal place...so basically it'll be 36.3 etc :) x

Wicked ill get a normal one over weekend.

Thank u ever so much for your help.
Nice to know u can chat to someone about things.

Good stuff and no worries hun, feel free to add me as a friend on here. If I can help with anything else I will :) :flower:

I just wish you tons of luck!! :dust:

Good stuff and no worries hun, feel free to add me as a friend on here. If I can help with anything else I will :) :flower:

I just wish you tons of luck!! :dust:

Cheers thank you.xx
Tried friend request but won't go through.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh