which bath wash for baby with dry skin?

little_e

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
I have only used Aveeno baby soothing relief creamy wash so far and not sure if I am happy with it.
I like nice smells but I don't smell anything from this wash and my baby's hands and feet are pretty dry after wash! I have now added olive oil in the bath and it has helped.

The question is, what is the best baby bathing/washing cream/lotion you have used?

With such a young baby I would say just plain water. Oliver had quite dry skin after I had used baby bath products and my GP recommended Oilatum Junior Bath, I bought some but haven't tried it - just bathing in plain old water sorted his skin out.

With such a young baby I would say just plain water. Oliver had quite dry skin after I had used baby bath products and my GP recommended Oilatum Junior Bath, I bought some but haven't tried it - just bathing in plain old water sorted his skin out.

thanks, i just want to say that your little Oliver is very cute xoxo

Thwy usually say water alone is best and massaging with olive oil afterwards but I loved Avent hair and body wash and the Avent massage gel, both smell amazing. You can get it in Asda, Boots etc. Sometimes you can get the little pack with a small bottle of each product:thumbup:

Hi hun, you could try Infacare, use on both skin and hair, never had any problems with this and I use it everyday on mine.

Hi hun, you could try Infacare, use on both skin and hair, never had any problems with this and I use it everyday on mine.

never heard of that brand before here, i am going to look into it, thanks so much for sharing!

My son had terrible eczema from 6 weeks old. After lots of lotions and potions from the doctor we decided to go down the natural route. We went to a health food shop who recommended oatmeal (a cereal you can eat). We used to fill tights with oatmeal, tie the ends and put it in the bath whilst we run the water. It turned the water a milky colour and is supposed to be soothing on the skin.
We also used hope relief cream which has manuka honey in and i sometimes used allergenics body wash.

It is nice to have your baby smelling nice but anything you use that is fragranced can be harmful to sensitive skin.

If in doubt just use plain water and moisterise the skin well afterwards. I found it better if I only bathed Kian twice a week rather than everyday.

Weleda bath cream for babies is lovely - it is very moisturising, leaves a protective film over the skin, if you know what I mean.

Weleda products only contain natural products.

My son had terrible eczema from 6 weeks old. After lots of lotions and potions from the doctor we decided to go down the natural route. We went to a health food shop who recommended oatmeal (a cereal you can eat). We used to fill tights with oatmeal, tie the ends and put it in the bath whilst we run the water. It turned the water a milky colour and is supposed to be soothing on the skin.
We also used hope relief cream which has manuka honey in and i sometimes used allergenics body wash.

It is nice to have your baby smelling nice but anything you use that is fragranced can be harmful to sensitive skin.

If in doubt just use plain water and moisterise the skin well afterwards. I found it better if I only bathed Kian twice a week rather than everyday.

Agree, only bath baby twice a week. This is what my friend's GP advised her to do & its helped her baby's eczema.

i dont know about the washes hunni, but i used Rapeseed oil on my baby's skin as she was dry , and it worked wonders after athtime to lock moisture in :)

Girls, my baby's paediatrician noticed the dry skin and told me to stop using everything but QV bath oil in her bath and she has nice moist skin now :D My hands felt nice after I bath her every time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->