Which bottles?

CormacksGirl

Mum to Adam & #2 on the w
Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm needing some advice on which bottles to use.

With my son I used Avent, but they were a nightmare for leaking. This time I'm thinking of using tommee tippee ones! Do you ladies have any more recommendations?

I would only ever recommend Dr Brown's for a newborn because you never know if they will be prone to wind/gas so might as well go for those from the get go to save you needing to buy them if you need to. We have always used them. ... However, I know not everyone is keen on them.

I am now using the Mothercare Innosense bottles and I really like them. Only one a day at this stage. They are also supposed to help with wind too but I am not sure because I didn't use them when my LO was younger. They don't leak at all and so easy to clean ... well compared to Dr Brown's they would be! :haha:

https://www.mothercare.com/Innosens...pk-with-Slow-Flow-Teat/451986,default,pd.html

I also used the Innosense cold water steriliser which I loved. I prefer cold water sterilising over the others as I think the heat ruins the teats and I prefer the bottles to be left in sterilising water until needed.

We tried several brands, when she was smaller, playtex ventaire with the angled bottle, evenflo angled, and avent natural with the wider flatter nipple...but she really loves the MAM bottles and they have one that has venting at the bottom to reduce colic/gas, and also normal ones...she has been using them since she was about 4 months old...we tried the tommee tippee ones, and i wanted to use them, but DH hated them and she would dribble all over the place with them, so they didnt work for us... :flower:

I use Dr. Brown and like those. They probably take more time to wash but my twins have never had a problem with gas.

We tried a Tommee Tippee and the way the top is designed kind of makes it cave inwards when the baby is drinking from the bottle. So we didn't like those.
My son is VERY picky, and will only use Lansinoh bottles. He loves them, and absolutely refuses to latch on any other bottle. That may be because they're designed for breastfed babies and that's what he was started on, though.
But they really are great bottles. The nipple is the perfect texture, and they have a way of venting so the baby doesn't drink a bunch of air. I'm not sure if you can find them in Scotland, but you could always order them online.

I also hated the Tommee Tippee bottles. Particularly awkward in the newborn days.

We used tommee tippee without any problems

We are using the Dr. Brown's and love them. They take an extra minute to clean because of the extra parts but it's really not a big deal. Our LO is just over three weeks and sometimes even after a feed he doesn't even need to burp. I also bought the Avent Closer to Nature but I am not crazy about them. I usually use them out and about because they are lighter to carry (I bought the glass Dr. Brown's - but I may get some of the plastic ones too).

Dr Browns here! I've had them for both my kids and I love them!

I don't remember what brand we used for our kids. What I do remember is trying a few before finding ones that worked better than the others. I never would have thought that something as simple as a bottle could have made as much of a difference as it did.

But I can add in a vote for the Dr. Brown too. The extra parts aren't too much work. I help out a friend of mine a couple days a week and watch her newborn. They work very well for her.

The new avents Classic + don't leak I love them! However after 6 months of use they took on an orange brown color despite hand washing and it grossed me out so I picked up a few playtex drop ins and he actually hasn't spit up once since. He's 6 months old now and eating solids so I just wash out the liner and use it a few times to lessen the trash production! I love them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->