Which Buckle Carrier

fandabby

Mom to 4 + 1 Angel
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone

I have the inka storchenwiege wrap which I love but don't like using it in the winter since it drags on floor whilst wrapping this weather is just too crap and don't want it getting mucky or wet.

So now I am wanting to buy a buckle carrier. Ease for the child school run too. Dropping my 3 lil ones and have 4 week old. Now weather changing don't want to use my stork wrap, as said above drags on floor to wrap and don't want it wrecked. Been caught with rain on route shopping last few weeks and resulted in pram but really wanted to carry but way to wet on ground to wrap.

So thought quick, easy and comfort to take me through to pre school age use a buckle one.

I drive so far, park up then walk into school. Looked at beco soleil version 2 and ergo original third generation and someone has mentioned the Boba 4G is good.

I like the hood and idea of pockets for carrying keys, purse etc. Want to wear front and then back when babe older and maybe on hip so babe can look forward, obviously when a good 6 months old. Aware need insert to start with for Beco and Ergo.

Can anyone advise which is good and comfy for short and long periods (when out walking with lil ones)?

Beco has cross over back and Ergo/Boba 4G over shoulder no crossing, does that make difference for front or back carrying?

Sorry only used to wrap.

Any feedback, advice gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

I absolutely love my kinderpacks. They are hard to get new right now due to an increase in popularity though. They come 4 sizes, infant, standard, toddler and preschooler. I have a standard and toddler.

I love the deep seat that it offers, the ease of use and the comfort it offers. I mainly use the standard size with my 21 month old and the toddler with my 4-in-December son. The standard kinderpack is a decent size and would fit a wide age range, but not suitable for a baby.

I only do back carries so can't comment on front carrying. I find that uncomfortable and tiring no matter what sort of carrier I use.

I only started wearing my daughter as a toddler (though I did have a Moby wrap when she was a baby, I didn't use it much) on a regular basis and she loves the kinderpack. She asks for a 'back cuddle' all the time. We started with an ergo which I also loved but she outgrew it pretty quickly. I got about 3 months use out of it, I think I bought it when she was about 16 months. It didn't go knee to knee or very high up her back and she was 3rd-9th centile in length. The infant kinderpack is a little bigger than the ergo.

I loved the pocket on the ergo. The kinderpack doesn't have a pocket like it. Instead the body of the carrier itself forms a pocket in between the layers, which is where the hood goes.

Just googled kinderpack, looks great.

I'm based in uk so not looking likely for availability.

I've been looking at so many, so confusing which one.

Thanks for your input.

I've done a little research on getting a new soft structured carrier. I'm leaning towards the Tula. Some people liked it better than the Boba or Ergo.

We've just bought a Connecta and absolutely IN LOVE with it. Free delivery in the UK. It's a simple buckle carrier, your basic strap round the middle and two crossing straps over the back that clip to the sides and baby sits in a pocket of material but the fabric is gorgeous, thin and light so not too hot. It also has a little rain/sun hood which is great. It feels so comfortable and my little girl always falls asleep in it, she is able to wriggle a little bit too so doesn't get annoyed like with the wilkinet we had which had to be so tight.

We started using it with her at 9 weeks, I think it might feel a little bit unsupportive for a baby without some head control and a bit of back strength. However it comes with a strap to make the pouch thinner at the base for newborns and says it is suitable from birth. Have a look, LOVE the designs too ee :)

I have a rose and rebellion which i would say is not suitable for a nb (sorry i do have something helpful to say lol) but have heard connectas can be rigged for a newbie and i think the manduca can be adjusted for a newborn too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->