which cloth nappies should i choose? HELP!

im_mi

Crunchy mama!
Reaction score
Hello fellow natural-mummies!

I have a 19mo son who i used disposables with, and we are trying for another baby.

Now, in the UK, you recieve a £190 grant during pregnancy to help with all of the things you need, and when/if i fall pregnant again i would like to use this money to invest in some cloth nappies for the new baby.

Thing is, i am totally stumped as to which ones i should go for! i have done some research but i feel like i have been blinded by nappies, lol. i have no idea where to start! i wouldnt have a clue which ones to get or how many i should get etc.

so to those of you who use/have used cloth nappies from birth to potty - what are your reccommendations? Which ones are the best value for money, and how many will i need?

oops i just saw like 3 other threads like this, apologies! :shy:

I think it's really hard when the baby isn't there yet. Like I may like lots of diapers but then you get them and not try them. It's really a preference thing, fit on the baby too is a huge part in it. If it were me and I was buying right now for a newborn I'd get 1dozen newborn prefolds, 1doz infant ones and then fill in with fitteds (muttaqin for newborn size especially, also goodmamas, and a few other brands I like) and then also some pockets (fuzzi bunz, bumgenius organic aio) then some covers....fleece, pul and wool

Agree with MO3, it's all down to the fit on your baby and your preference as to which type. I tried a few before I was completely happy with the ones I now have, but they may or may not suit your baby so well.

I would work out whether you want fitteds, pockets, AIOs, AI2s, fleece covers or wraps (or whatever else I have missed!) then maybe get a few brands pre-loved to try before you buy a whole load.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->