which contraception is best?

tiasmummy

Reaction score
im 23 have just had my first baby 3 months ago, have never been on any form of contraception other than condoms (which i dont want to use anymore) im considering either the injection or pill...does anyone have any experiences on either? good or bad? im looking for something that wont make me put on weight, lose libido or mood changes preferably. thanks x

im 23 have just had my first baby 3 months ago, have never been on any form of contraception other than condoms (which i dont want to use anymore) im considering either the injection or pill...does anyone have any experiences on either? good or bad? im looking for something that wont make me put on weight, lose libido or mood changes preferably. thanks x

the depot injection will definitely do this!!

ideally see your GP or go to the family planning clinic to talk through the options

there are so many choices with pros ,cons and side effects so best to be informed!!

:hugs:
x

I'm in the same boat, i'm thinking of going on the pill, at least if i start suffering any wacky side effects i can stop taking it pretty much right away, where as the injection is in you for (is it 3 months?) and the implant stays until you make an appt to get it removed

yea im thinking the pill as well just doing my research as to what is the best one....the mini pill seems to have a lot of side effects as well :dohh:

I had terrible experiences with both the pill and mini pill. I had weight gain issues as well as TERRIBLE migraines that made my vision blurry. I would personally stay away from the pill and anything else hormone based :flower:

I used the pill, for me at first it was fine but then i realised i would really snap at OH alot & i felt depressed at times, i wasn't intrested in sex & i hated having to remember to take it & i did forget a few times so had to take 2 in one day which made me feel really sick all night.

For me the pill was awful so took myself off it & i now feel so much better & happier, i actually WANT sex now:haha: Looking back i can really see how much the pill affected me so now we just use condoms.

I got along great with the pill and never had no issues wih it at all :) I then found out I had something called endometriosis and part of my treatment options was to try the depo injection. I am on my first injection and have just reached the 3 month mark and there hasn't been a day in the last 3 months that I haven't bled :-/ it's been a nightmare for me. Obviously it's no the same for everyone but wht you have got to remember is once you have the injection you are stuck with it for the 3 months... At least if the pill doesn't suit you then you can just stop taking it

I had the non-hormonal coil fitted 3 years ago. I've had injections and been on the pill for 12 odd years (im old lol) before conceiving my son and didn't want to put my body through more years of hormones. We didn't want to have another baby at the time and the coil covers me for 10 years however it can be removed in a heartbeat and no as there are no hormones, back to 100% fertility instantly. No forgetting to take anything, raging mood swings or weight gain. Only downside for my was I get period cramps now and have 1 or 2 days of heavy flow and its uncomfortable when fitted but I would be without it.

I have been on various pills, the mini pill, and depo shots!
I conceived my second pregnancy whilst on the mini pill, but other than that it worked well LOL! The combined pill really didn't agree with me - I tried several different brands and got lots of different symptoms, such as migraines etc.
I found the injection to work well. I put on weight and was quite hormonal for my first shot, but then I lost it all again and my hormones settled. I had just miscarried at this point, so that could have been the cause also! I found that depo actually increased my sex drive of i am honest ... Boyfriend loves depo, i am going back on it again actually!

If you do decide to take the pill, DO NOT TAKE YAZ OR YAZMIN.

My friend's girlfriend took Yaz for a couple years. The pill gave her a blood clot in her leg, it traveled to her brain and she passed out in the shower. Her hair clogged the drain and she drowned. {RIP}

Do your research, I was on Yaz for a little bit before I knew and it made me really emotional. Every pill has different variations of estrogen in it, etc. I'm currently on Alesse, which has the lowest amount of estrogen.

Good luck!

I was on nexplanon and i would recommend although i have horrible mood swings and felt depressed and stressed out all the time, cant win with contraception! i will be using condoms once LO is here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->