Which is best?

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
Have been meaning to order a thermometer to start temping with Fertility Friend, but wanted some advice as to which brand or kind to get.:shrug:

I am in the US, so any chain stores or websites would be extremely helpful. I want to be an expert at charting/temping by the time we start trying, so next cycle will be my first attempt!:thumbup:

Thanks in advance, you are all wonderful!:hugs:

I bought my thermometer from shoppers drug mart not sure if you have that in the US, its in Canada but I did see the same one in a drug store in the US, and thats completely pointless cos i cant remember the brand. It has to be a digital basal thermometer that measures in 00.00 as the temp rises can be quite small. Sorry that was no help really, was it?

sure it was, at least now I know I need a digi;)

Ok so the one i used was a brand called Life, i think it was fairly cheap but it did the job ok.

If you are on BC your chart might not look the same as it will when you come off the pill, because you don't ovulate on BCP.
I use a regular digi thermometer, works just fine for me, as long as you temp first thing upon waking up in the morning.

I bought my thermometer from shoppers drug mart not sure if you have that in the US, its in Canada but I did see the same one in a drug store in the US, and thats completely pointless cos i cant remember the brand. It has to be a digital basal thermometer that measures in 00.00 as the temp rises can be quite small. Sorry that was no help really, was it?

I bought that one too, it is pink my fav colour...lol. I started a couple months ago, going to start next cycle, oh I guess that is this week. oohh now I am excited.

I am off the pill. I just need to start charting:)

Yeah, I need to start up again, I sucked at taking my temp, and having to get up at the same time every morning. But I want to do it right this time.

I'm just using a normal digi one too, only on 1st month of charting but can clearly see when OV'd with it

I bought mine at Walmart....it's just in the section with the baby thermometers and medicine dispensers! It has a little pink cap on it. It's nice because it remembers the last temp taken, so on the weekend I can wake up at the right time, take my temp, and go back to sleep and I can add it to my chart later!

I've read online that the ones they have at Walgreens aren't that great.

If it's a F thermometer it doesn't have to read to the .00 mark, because Fahrenheit is more "accurate" or whatever the heck. I've never even seen a F therm that measures to the second decimal place...

If it's a F thermometer it doesn't have to read to the .00 mark, because Fahrenheit is more "accurate" or whatever the heck. I've never even seen a F therm that measures to the second decimal place...

My Fahrenheit fertility thermometer measures to the second decimal place. You just have to make sure it's a fertility thermometer and not a regular one. I got mine in Walmart for about $7.

Wow, LoR, you are TCC very soon! I bet you are so excited! and awesome, I am going to Wal Mart this afternoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->