Which name do you like better?

lalaland09

Reaction score
I'm getting so much negative feedback. I'd appreciate it if they pointed out something genuinely negative (like a dirty nickname kids might call baby based on their name). My family just harps on the names saying they sound like strippers. My boys have very traditional names and I want to get creative with my little girl.

I think Annika would look better on a CV so I voted for that

savannah is beautiful but I guess could be a little bit stripper-y on an adult, a very similar name that ages well is Susannah (which could also be Sue, Suzie, Susan, Anna, Ann or Annie for short so lots of choice)

I like that Annika is winning (a whopping 3-1, but still lol) as this one has been my favorite for 4 years. I think it sounds cute for a little girl, but sophisticated for an adult too. Thanks for your feedback.

I really like Annika, but it reminds me of Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars. I also like Savannah. It feels very southern (U.S.) to me. I don't think that either name sounds like a stripper name.

We have a friend that wants to name their girl Kandii... personally I think that's stripperish... lol. I don't think either of your choices sound like stripper names at all. We are team pink and are wanting something that is unique but not too out there as well and I just want to make sure they don't sound vulgar or are open for taunting (though children will almost always find ways to taunt any name if they really want too).

another story which further reminds me to keep names between my husband and myself.

Savannah, lovely name. It was one of my choices if I had been having a girl. I don't think it sounds stripper-esque at all, not sure why anyone would think that. To me stripper names are like, crystal, amber, jordan, candy, skylar, jade, destiny etc etc.
Savannah is just beautiful. x

Savannah, lovely name. It was one of my choices if I had been having a girl. I don't think it sounds stripper-esque at all, not sure why anyone would think that. To me stripper names are like, crystal, amber, jordan, candy, skylar, jade, destiny etc etc.

these are just normal names my first thought wouldn't be stripper, well candy on its own isn't but its the common nickname of Candice

Ive know a few strippers due to my work in photography and most have names like:

Chrissy, Jaye, Jess, Mary, Ely, Frankie, Libby - just to name a few, which are everyday names (that you wouldn't link to stripping) but Ive never met one called crystal (that's very stereotyped)

I assume it might be different in America (from tv shows ive seen americans seem to prefer more exotic aliases) but up here the norm is to have a normal name (so there really aren't any 'stripper' names)

To me stripper names are like, crystal, amber, jordan, candy, skylar, jade, destiny etc etc.
On Amber as a stripper name:

https://www.ericdsnider.com/blog/2007/11/13/angry-letter-wont-someone-think-of-the-horses/

these are just normal names my first thought wouldn't be stripper, well candy on its own isn't but its the common nickname of Candice

Ive know a few strippers due to my work in photography and most have names like:

Chrissy, Jaye, Jess, Mary, Ely, Frankie, Libby - just to name a few, which are everyday names (that you wouldn't link to stripping) but Ive never met one called crystal (that's very stereotyped)

I assume it might be different in America (from tv shows ive seen americans seem to prefer more exotic aliases) but up here the norm is to have a normal name (so there really aren't any 'stripper' names)

Back in my uni days, I did have an acquaintance who was a stripper - this was in London, and they all had names similar to the ones I mentioned. Maybe nowadays they choose more 'normal' names as you call it, I have no idea, but either way, a stereotype stripper name is going to be just as bad as an actual stripper name. It's the association, not the fact.

P.S Just as an aside to anyone else, I really hope that my post stating 'typical' stripper names doesn't offend anyone who has that name. Forgive my bluntness if it does.

Neither name makes me think stripper! I prefer Savannah but they are both nice names, uncommon (here at least) but not weird. They can both be shortened to Anna/Annie which I think sounds so cute for a young girl.

I like Annika less, but that's because it is not an unusual name for me. :) Other than that, nothing is wrong with it, especially if you're not going to have many Annika's around.

I think Savannah is beautiful, but then I don't know a single Savannah. It brings up a really nice, positive and sunny feel.

I also don't know any stippers and have no clue what their names usually are.

Neither name makes me think stripper! I prefer Savannah but they are both nice names, uncommon (here at least) but not weird. They can both be shortened to Anna/Annie which I think sounds so cute for a young girl.

I didn't even think to shorten Savannah to Annie. Good idea! I love the name Annie for a little girl.

Thanks everyone for reassuring me that they don't sound sleazy. I thought my sister was nuts when she said that. She only has experience naming stray cats so I probably shouldn't take her too seriously.

OMG! Neither are stripper names AT ALL! That's crazy. I love them both, in fact, my sister (who is very conservative and traditional) wants to name a future daughter Savannah. So if she likes it, then it can't possibly be weird or sleazy. Geez. I'm sorry someone said that. Any girls name could be called a stripper name, honestly, because they can have whatever name they want.

Anyways...I'm not much help. I love them both, but I just wanted to assure you they are beautiful and sophisticated names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->