Which names can you no longer use?

ZooMa

Reaction score
What names do you love but you can't use because of a family member, ex, bad association, etc?

My short list that comes to mind:

Some favorites that are taken by family: Anna, Claire
Some favorites that are exes: Audrey, Lindsay

What are yours? Just curious.

Dimitri!

If my daughter was a boy, she would have been named Dimitri, so I planned on saving it for my next child. WELLLL, OH's sister got pregnant in 2011 and when I asked her what they planned on naming their new child, she said 'Dimetrius' and I was like crushed. So now we have a nephew named Dimetrius and I lost that name :wacko:

i used to like Ellie but that was my ex's name (short for Ellison) and now i hate that name lol

i also like Joey and Ste but the family have issues with past family members called Steven and Joseph

ALL of my favorite boy names have been taken! It's a good thing I had a girl!
-Noah (cousin)
-Evan (cousin)
-Jonah (cousin)
-Asher (hubby's best friend took)

I also live the name Jacob but that name belonged to the guy I dated before DH :)

As well as not being able to use names that are already in the family, we can't use any names with too many Ls, or ending in A (sound terrible with our surname), any name that isn't easily pronounced in 4 different languages (family all over Europe)... and then OH goes and vetoes all my favourites :dohh:

I'll still use names that friends use for their kids; I don't care about that sort of thing. Technically our girls' names were of limits because they're my cousins' names, and it was a bit weird, but we didn't like any other names, so what can you do?

We have a lot of limitations and it causes problems every time :(

Some of the names we can't use (that I liked enough to use) are Grace, Anna, Layla, Lauren, Jack, Lisa, Natalie, Lily, Daniel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->