Which Nappy for twins

Mea

Mum to 3 miracles.
Reaction score
Hi
I am pregnant with twins and have been looking at using a cloth nappy rather than disposables, but there are so many!!!!!
I would be grateful for any advice and tips.

For ease of use as you are going to be twice as busy as it is with twins, Id suggest all in one nappies such as bumgenius or pocket nappies you can stuff x

For ease of use as you are going to be twice as busy as it is with twins, Id suggest all in one nappies such as bumgenius or pocket nappies you can stuff x

With two babies in nappies, I would personally avoid all-in-ones as they are usually slow to dry. One baby's nappies on drying racks takes up enough space!

It is possible that you would need different nappies for each baby if they were quite different sizes or shapes like my twin sisters were. In that case, I would probably go for something where you can mix and match certain parts e.g. if you bought some Flips, you can use the inserts in lots of different nappies/wraps and the inserts last from birth-to-potty.

I defo recomend flips because they dry fast, you can have LOADS of inserts and a few covers, they tend to fit well on every baby, I only say that as i never heard of a baby that didnt fit flips with no leaks :) But as they are birth to potty size (BTP) they wont fit well from birth (regardless of what the name implies, birth to potty usually means like 10/15 lbs - 35/40) But BTP will save lots of money in the long run!

yep., my recommendation would be flips as well, a HEAP of inserts and a dozen covers will keep you going for ages. as has been said, they prob won't work when the twins are born, but after about 10lb you should be fine right through until potty. they are pretty bomb proof and with the new range of colours at least you'll have some variety in the covers you can get./

Also wanted to say well done for looking into it with twins, you will save a stack of money in the long run!

as others has said - i'd go for teenyfits and flips.

the teenyfits should start coming round for pre-loved now and should retain their value well compared to a BTP nappy. so even if you buy new or used they should still sell on again reasonably well.

Yup, flips are my staple too! They're really reliable and versatile. My LO was five months before I even needed to think about something more for at night. Good luck! X

Oh, and my LO was 8lbs 2oz at birth, so for the first couple of weeks we put him in some bambino mio outers with 2 bumgenius newborn inserts. We were given the bambino mio, and although they're nowhere near as good as flips, (the bambino mio inserts didn't work for us), IMO, they tided us over till he got big enough for a birth to potty nappy. Also the bumgenius newborn inserts are great as a night booster in the flips, or a booster in any nappy!

Thank you so much for all your replys, i am now going to sit and do some research into all your suggestions.

yeah defo something fast drying with 2 in fluff hun, flips are supposed to be great ive not got there yet , and its probably wise to start in sized nappies rather than btp although one of my friends had twins and although they were combined weight less than my son whos the same age ( they were born 10wks early ) then by 5/6 months they were the same size as him

Oops I didnt think about drying times etc was just thinking about ease of use :blush:

Teenyfits are still an aio but they dont take that long to dry at all and as the others said flips are brill :)

Flips are no where near as bulky on a nb than other BtPs.....

here's abigail in it at around 8 lbs-ish...she was 7lb5oz at birth and it probably woulda gone on her without fail. You can see how tiny and skinny she was next to my hand (and iv got boney slim hands! :haha:)

Would reccomend Flips for two...the bulk packs would suit you perfectly....something like this https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/m17/bumGenius/p3963/Flip_Complete_Kit_Stay_Dry/product_info.html

good luck and congrats on the double bundle! :flower:

Attachments

• newborn flip.jpg
    newborn flip.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Yep they stay put and dont let anything leak, I was dubious at first but they are AMAZING!

yep, if you have the rise on the correct setting and the insert on the correct setting it lays snugly tucked under the stay-put flap at the front and the flap at the back!

very occasionally the insert bunches ever so slightly at the crotch but even then the wrap saves any mess every time :thumbup:

Another Flips recommendation here for sure!!! Kia was in his at 8lbs and 2 weeks old and they fit fab, definitely the slimmest of all of my btps. They are fab for night and day too- I use organic at night, stay dry in the day.

I'd use sposies till the twins are big enough to fit in them, or XS BGs and Teenyfits.

If you have a tumble drier though, i'd also say get AIOs or pockets- bum genius V4s are fabbbbby, simple to use, and a great btp.

Thanks again for everyones advice, need to sit and do lots of research now into all thats been suggested.

Jetters i have just taken a quick look at Teeny-fits and they look so cute!!!

i was going to say if they're due soon Babame is giving away some bumgenius xs and tots bots are giving away teenyfits both on proof or birth or pregnancy - it might be worth contacting both (i'd start via facebook as that's where most of the offers are detailled)

even if your double bundle isn't due within the offer dates you might still be able to nab a few freebies! there's no harm in asking! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->