Which spelling?

I love Helena but OH doesn't :(

It's pretty obvious Elena/Ellena may cause issues lol

Can anyone think of another name that could be shortened to Ella? OH is adamant he only likes Ella now, but I don't like it just by itself and I'm really not keen on sp Eleanor. It looks old lady-ish to me :( I suggested Eloise or Elise but he's not a fan.

........at this point I'm kind of praying it's a boy :wacko:

I love Eleanor. I don't think it's old lady-is at all. It strikes me as a timeless classic.

You could also just call her Ella or there's Elizabeth, Isabella, erm thought I had loads but am now stuck.

Ella by itself is more of a nn to me. Elizabeth is on our list but it's my middle name and OH isn't keen.

We named our first daughter Isabella, and to be completely honest I think that's why I'm being so picky about Ella. It seems a bit similar to me so I'm not 100% on it but I don't want to say anything because he really loves it.

Elliot?

Choosing a name is tough. I have two weeks until my due date and we haven't decided.

Names with Ella:
Gabriella
Fiorella
Ariella
Estella
Noella
Aribella
Crissella
Daniella

That's all I've got :rofl:

Elora
Elisa
Eleni
could also be shortened Ella? But honestly, I'd go with Elena. You seem to really like it and your husband as well. So what if you have to sometimes correct people? And especially if she's going to be Ella most of the time.

I like them both. I'd use Eleanor just because its traditional (more my style) but I like Elena a lot more. I'd rather be named Elena than Eleanor. Though you can't go wrong with either.
Jasmine is nice. I like Eleanor and Elena though... When she's grown, if she is a doctor or judge, it'd look better to see Eleanor or Elena on paperwork. Jasmine sounds like the name of someone born nowadays. Eleanor and Elena could be born at anytime and be anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->