Which Style of Bridesmaids Dresses??

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
This coming weekend I'm going with my bridesmaids and my MOH (my sister) to chose color(s) and style(s).

I don't really know what to do!!

I'd love your opinions and insight. :)

Also, I didn't add it in the poll, but for an August wedding in a vineyard:

Short (cocktail length) or long (to the floor)?

I vote same color different style, because bridesmaids are usually all different shapes and sizes and I would want everyone to feel comfortable. Good Luck and Congrats

My bridesmaids are completely mismatching. I let them choose their own dresses and I've got one in dark purple floor length chiffon and the other in green knee length tea dress :shrug: Ultimately it depends on the style of your wedding, and how many bridesmaids you're having, and whether you want them to feel 'comfortable'

Thanks for the input ladies!

On one hand, I'm leaning towards letting the girls choose their own style. But on the other hand, I'm so worried it'll look too mismatched in pictures. :lol: Oh brother...

Keep the votes going! :D

I voted 'same colour different styles' as I think it's very difficult to get one dress that'll suit several people. I also voted 'other ideas' as there are different ways you can vary on a theme like all your bridesmaids could wear the same shoes but different dresses or the same hair accesory and different dresses...I think it's good to have a bit of variation then pull it all together using accessories :) also def cocktail length in August!

On one hand, I'm leaning towards letting the girls choose their own style. But on the other hand, I'm so worried it'll look too mismatched in pictures. :lol: Oh brother...

What kind of wedding are you having? Formal? Casual? Beach etc.... I would still REGULATE their picks to make sure they "blend" well.....you are the bride and this is your day....so what are your colors if I may ask?

Some colors like black or pastels blend well no matter the shade or style..

What kind of wedding are you having? Formal? Casual? Beach etc.... I would still REGULATE their picks to make sure they "blend" well.....you are the bride and this is your day....so what are your colors if I may ask?

Some colors like black or pastels blend well no matter the shade or style..

Its semi-formal...so not black tie, but no jeans! The wedding is at a vineyard in wine country (southern California :)).

Our colors are light-normal colored purples, and we'll mix in some green and brown. I'd like all the girls to be in purple dresses and classy.

I have one particular girl who likes to um...flaunt her goodies, so I'll definitely need to regulate the styles to make sure they're all blending well. lol

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OWvMgIb9...8/ifoTBMm6e_Q/s1600/bunniesgettingmarried.jpg

Thanks everyone for their input and voting. Looks like the majority of people like the "same color, different styles" option.

We will be going to bridal shops on Saturday, and my bridesmaids will be doing a little fashion show for me. haha Can't wait!

For those who didn't vote for "same color, different styles"...can I ask why? I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are. :)

I would do entirely different dresses but same length and similar theme. I don't like same colour dresses and really hate matching ones.

I voted same colour and same style only because that's what I'm having, for me personally it was just the look I wanted to go for!

I also like same colour different style :)

So I wanted to update this and tell everyone that as usual in life, you can't always plan how things go! LOL

Each girl loved the same dress and the same color. :shrug: haha Totally fine with me, I just thought it was funny that we had pulled like 15-20 dresses and they all loved the same one.

AND to make things funnier, this past weekend we went shopping for shoes since I wasn't quite sure whether a blush or a nude color would go well with a deep purple/eggplant color. We ALL loved the same blush shoe. Amazing! So everyone is happy and everyone feels great. :thumbup:

Here were the final picks:
In eggplant: https://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/7041s
In pink (blush): https://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+erica+pump?prodId=273926

And the best part about the shoe? It happen to be on clearance! haha Almost $25 cheaper than online. :D

Their bouquets will have a mix of different shades of purples and pinks. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"