Which theme park is best for children? (Age 5)

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
My DD turns 5 in a few weeks, and I'm planning on taking her to a theme park for the day/2 days. My original thought was Alton Towers, for cbeebies land, but it's been about 4 years since I've been to any theme parks. Which ones would you recommend? I have the kellogs vouchers, so financially somewhere I can use them would be a bonus, but not essential.

My little girl absolutely loves Paultons Park which has Peppa Pig world. She is a little past Peppa Pig (although will still happily watch it) but she is just frothing the mouth to go there again and we've promised her a trip for her 5th birthday. There are lots of other rides there, so it's not all about Peppa. There is a new dinosaur world which opened last year which is pretty good.

Have been to LEGOLAND which also was a hit but when we went it was so incredibly busy that some queues for rides were an hour +. Saying that, I've just exchanged Tesco clubcard points for vouchers there, so will be giving it another go next month and will hope it's quieter.

I can't comment on the other places you listed as not been with my little girl.

My little girl absolutely loves Paultons Park which has Peppa Pig world. She is a little past Peppa Pig (although will still happily watch it) but she is just frothing the mouth to go there again and we've promised her a trip for her 5th birthday. There are lots of other rides there, so it's not all about Peppa. There is a new dinosaur world which opened last year which is pretty good.

Have been to LEGOLAND which also was a hit but when we went it was so incredibly busy that some queues for rides were an hour +. Saying that, I've just exchanged Tesco clubcard points for vouchers there, so will be giving it another go next month and will hope it's quieter.

I can't comment on the other places you listed as not been with my little girl.

We have been to paultons park, but not for 3ish years. I grew up about 30 minutes from there, so used to go a lot. Not sure why I didn't think about it tbh!
Am hoping to go on a school day, to avoid crowds as much as possible

Legoland, Chessington and Alton Towers are all great for young kids, I've even taken mine there as babies and had things to do. Chessington has the Gruffalo ride now. We've also been to Peppa Pig world and Gullivers land.
Gullivers land was great as it's a theme park for young kids, once they hit 90cm they can go on everything, lots of roller coasters just for them.

I voted legoland but didn't have chance to comment yesterday sorry.

We have taken Rio to CBeebies land but found we still needed to go around the rest of Alton towers to make a full day of it really as there aren't loads and loads of rides. (However he was only 2 so an older child may stay interested for longer)

Last year for his birthday we went to legoland and stayed overnight in their pirate themed room and it was great. We had 2 days park entry and definitely needed both days to get around everything. The kids entertainment on the night was great fun for them, the rooms are lovely and the buffet dining wasn't too bad either. We went midweek to avoid busy times too, and we didn't have to queue on anything at all! We sent them an email saying we were visiting for my son's birthday and they put his name on the birthday boards around the park and put a cluster of 3 balloons, a birthday card and a Lego gift in our room on his bed for our arrival which I thought was really nice.

We have taken Rio to CBeebies land but found we still needed to go around the rest of Alton towers to make a full day of it really as there aren't loads and loads of rides. (However he was only 2 so an older child may stay interested for longer)

Last year for his birthday we went to legoland and stayed overnight in their pirate themed room and it was great. We had 2 days park entry and definitely needed both days to get around everything. The kids entertainment on the night was great fun for them, the rooms are lovely and the buffet dining wasn't too bad either. We went midweek to avoid busy times too, and we didn't have to queue on anything at all! We sent them an email saying we were visiting for my son's birthday and they put his name on the birthday boards around the park and put a cluster of 3 balloons, a birthday card and a Lego gift in our room on his bed for our arrival which I thought was really nice.

I wasn't sure if cbeebies land would be that big, so thats useful to know. She'll be 5, and she's fairly tall, so would be able to go on other things. Whether or not she would want to is an other story!
How much did you pay for your legoland trip if you don't mind me asking? X

It was around £350 for all of us if I remember right. £344 sounds familiar.
That included 2 days park entry, the pirate themed room, evening buffet meal and buffet breakfast. It's a lot cheaper if you choose not to stay on site, there's hotels local that do deals and for us at the time it would've only cost £180 for the same thing if we opted to stop at a copthorne (or similar) 5 miles away so double check that if you're not too fussed on the themed room. Don't forget to consider meal prices though if you do that, for us it was just easier that our meals were included on site etc and we could go back for Rio to have a nap on the first day as he was still having an hour or so that point.

I wasn't sure if cbeebies land would be that big, so thats useful to know. She'll be 5, and she's fairly tall, so would be able to go on other things. Whether or not she would want to is an other story!
How much did you pay for your legoland trip if you don't mind me asking? X

There is a lot more at Alton towers for 5 year olds. They have an ice age 4d cinema, aquarium and lots more rides around the park they can go on. We needed 2 days to get round everything there.

I took my four year old to chessington last week and she loved it, plenty for her to do and go on. Not so good for my two year old, although she doesn't like rides anyway.

They night loved Peppa pig world/Paultons park last year.

A friend told me lego land may be better when they are older. Alton towers is quite far from us so haven't been there with children.

I think they're all good for kids with the exception of thorpe park which I think is more geared towards an older audience. DS went to legoland, chessington and thorpe park last year when he was 5 and he loved legoland best, no experience of alton towers with him but it's been a big with family friends kids.

I absolutely hated Chessington. I thought it was AWFUL. The worst park I have ever been too. I like Paultons but would never go in the holidays and annoys me they never do vouchers lol.
I think Alton Towers is the best of them. X

We've been to Alton towers a few time since DS was three (the first time before Cbeebies land opened) and we've always found lots to do there. He's not interested in big scary rides but there are plenty of others. We went to Legoland last year and had a lovely time but I really prefers Alton towers, and the 'splash landings' hotel was well worth a visit - for the pool, we camped so I can't say anything about the rooms.

We've been to Alton towers a few time since DS was three (the first time before Cbeebies land opened) and we've always found lots to do there. He's not interested in big scary rides but there are plenty of others. We went to Legoland last year and had a lovely time but I really prefers Alton towers, and the 'splash landings' hotel was well worth a visit - for the pool, we camped so I can't say anything about the rooms.

Yes, I forgot about the pool. Mine loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->