which way to spell Lily?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Firstly we're team yellow so this might not even come up, but this has been bugging me for months now and I still can't decide!

If we have a girl she will be called jasmine Lily - her middle name being after my favourite grandma. My grandma's name was spelled Lillie and I just can't decide whether to spell it the same way as my grandma did or stick to the more traditional spelling of Lily.

I worry that if we went with Lillie people might thing we changed the spelling to be quirky/cool.
On the other hand if we spell it Lily I think my dad would be disappointed that we changed the spelling.

What do you think?

Jasmine Lillie
Or
Jasmine Lily

My usual preference is for Lily spelt like that. However in your case there is sentimentality attached to the other spelling and I think that overrules anything else :haha:

What matters is why a name is important to you and your family not how it is spelt. Who cares what anyone else thinks? You can always explain the reasoning behind the spelling if you feel it's necessary.

If I were you I'd use Jasmine Lillie :flower: x

I much prefer it spelt 'Lillie' or 'Lilly' than 'Lily'. I don't think it looks too trendy. If you were thinking of using Liliee or something like that then that would be a different story.

I agree with everyone else keep it how your family has spelt it.

I would always say Lily but under the circumstances I would spell it the same as your grandma
Beautiful name btw xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->