Which way worked for you?

vanessa

Reaction score
Just wondering, did you find offering solids alongside a bottle worked best when you first started weaning, or did it work better to add a solid meal at a different time?
Did the solids make your LO go a bit longer between feeds, and if so, when?
I hope it will with May, she is feeding every 2 hours on hungry baby milk through the day now - its crazy!

At first we offered milk with solids and now he has his solids without milk :)

tom normally goes pretty well between feeds anyway so didnt really change, he does sleep alot better though.

Hayden and Casen were both going around 4hrs between feeds so I would try solids at about 3hrs, when they would be a bit hungry but not starving so they wouldn't get frustrated. I never gave a bottle right after solids though it seemed like all of my friends did, they were full after solids, we gave water sippy with it if they needed a drink

i give my son bottle wen he wakes in mrn then leave him hr or 2 then he has brekkie. then he has dinner first with bottle bout 2-3 hrs after then a bedtime 6oz bottle. this works well for him, n he sleeps alot better now on solids, but has cut dwn alot on milk the first 2 bottle during day r 4oz. he use to have both at same time n go 6 hrs or longer btween feeds but he gets full n too me looks uncomfortable n falls sleep straight after so i dont let him anymore. eyes bigger than his belly haha xx

I found it better for Lexie to have them at a different time to her bottle. I give her breakfast about an hour and a half after her first bottle and then tea is about 6.30 (2 hours after a bottle) and justbefore bath time!!! xx

I found it better for Lexie to have them at a different time to her bottle. I give her breakfast about an hour and a half after her first bottle and then tea is about 6.30 (2 hours after a bottle) and justbefore bath time!!! xx

thats what we do , that way im sure logans still getting all the milk first !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->