White Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie000

Reaction score
So how's the weather?

Anyone headed for a white Christmas?

Here, we just had our first snow storm, so unless the weather really takes a turn, we will be having a white Christmas. :happydance:

My back yard:
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/mariepelletier/IMG_8104_zpsb0ac6c75.jpg

View from my front window:
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/mariepelletier/IMG_8105_zps59030428.jpg

And for those who might be jealous, just remember that I just walked my daughter to daycare in that snow. On a good day it takes 15 minutes to walk there, and pushing a stroller through the snow is a pain in the butt!!

We have snow today too. I'm kind of hoping it's not a white Christmas as it makes driving here there and everywhere a pain in the arse. No snow means the kids can get out to play on their new scooters too.

That looks lovely! i am jealous for sure, humid as heck here in Texas, and rainy, supposed to be sunny xmas day lol

It is beautiful but I'm not jealous! People in the UK have so little experience with snow that a small snowfall brings the roads grinding to a halt and it melts into slush before you get enough to make a good snowman.

It's very romantic, but if I had my choice it wouldn't snow until we were cosy by the fire on Christmas Eve and it would all melt on boxing day!

We had a couple snow storms in November, but it warmed up enough to melt it all. It's gotten cold again this week, around 28-30F, so it may start snowing again soon. I'd say likely should have snow for Christmas.

That looks lovely!

We have been forecast snow for tomorrow, but I doubt it will snow.

We had 20 minutes of snow earlier, just started sticking then stopped. It was really thick too, my lo was so excited he fell off his chair!

No snow here. I live in the southern US and it's supposed to be in the 50's F on Christmas. We get about one snow every few years and that's plenty for me. While I think it's beautiful, nobody can get out when it snows here bc there are no snow plows and ppl can't drive in the stuff bc we aren't used to it. Your pics are beautiful by the way.

No snow here. I live in the southern US and it's supposed to be in the 50's F on Christmas. We get about one snow every few years and that's plenty for me. While I think it's beautiful, nobody can get out when it snows here bc there are no snow plows and ppl can't drive in the stuff bc we aren't used to it. Your pics are beautiful by the way.

When we lived in Charleston SC while I was doing my masters, it snowed one time, just a light dusting and the whole city practically shut down, LOL! It was kind of comical to me, the stores were ransacked for bread, milk, and eggs like the snow wasn't going to melt the next day, businesses all shut down due to "hazardous" road conditions, etc. Dh and I were so confused by the overkill reaction to such little snow because in the north, that amount of snow wouldn't require salt or plowing. They save the salt and plowing for when there's actually a build up of snow.

I will say though, people can't drive in the snow up here either:haha: Every year when we get the first few big snow storms its like people have never driven in it, even though it happens every year.

No snow here either. Just rain, high winds and cold. Bad combination.

It should only snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, perfect setting. Last year it was really warm on Christmas Day.

When we lived in Charleston SC while I was doing my masters, it snowed one time, just a light dusting and the whole city practically shut down, LOL! It was kind of comical to me, the stores were ransacked for bread, milk, and eggs like the snow wasn't going to melt the next day, businesses all shut down due to "hazardous" road conditions, etc. Dh and I were so confused by the overkill reaction to such little snow because in the north, that amount of snow wouldn't require salt or plowing. They save the salt and plowing for when there's actually a build up of snow.

I will say though, people can't drive in the snow up here either:haha: Every year when we get the first few big snow storms its like people have never driven in it, even though it happens every year.

The gritters are out on the roads here before the first flake of snow hits the ground meaning it can't set and turns into slushy mess then ices over if the temperature allows it making more issues with normal and black ice.

No snow here and I hope it doesn't as have a lot of driving to do

I just read yesterday on our local news that they've only recorded a "trace" of snow twice on Christmas here. 1953 and 2004. So it's extremely unlikely!

There was snow here around christmas in 2010, the year my son was born and I remember a couple of times as a kid, but it's unusual here, and when it does snow it takes a whole garden's worth of snow to make one little snowman, if you are lucky! I hope we do get some, as Hayden put in his letter to father christmas that he was most looking forward to building a snowman. But not until after 3pm on christmas eve, as that gives us all time to get home from work/nursery, and it needs to melt away by 7am boxing day, as I am back at work then!

i'd love it to snow xmas, the year of my oldests 1st xmas in 2010 it was snowy on xmas and had been snowing for weeks it was so christmassy and magical. i cant remember if it actually snowed xmas day or was just snowy still on the ground but either way it was lovely!

I think it's cold enough for snow here now, but there's none forecast yet. I think we'll have some within the next few weeks, though. I finished work for Christmas yesterday, so I don't mind if it starts snowing soon!

We've had one night of snow here this winter that was gone by morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for a mild winter or if it means a nice February, I'd rather get it out of the way in December!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"