Who do you need to inform when you change your name?

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
So, paperwork is not my strong suit and when I get married (in a little over a weeks time!) I will be taking my OHs name. Who do I need to notify? I'm bound to forget something....
I've got:
-DVLA
-Doctors
-Passport (am travelling on honeymoon on my maiden name but will want to do it after we get back)
-payroll at work
-bank
...and after that, I'm not sure? :shrug: is there anyone else? We're also changing my daughters name by deed poll and aside from nursery, doctor, passport, bank I can't think if she needs anyone else telling...

Utility bills, credit card companies, the electoral register, council tax, HMRC for tax credits and taxing I'm sure. I'm not sure if there's more but I believe those will need to know.

Dentist, any direct debits you have. I will be stalking this as well, as Im sure there is a lot of people you need to tell but easy to forget who :dohh:

Tax cedits, child benefit, doctor dentist, council tax, gas, electric, water, TV, Phone, contents insurance,

Erm, the only ones I can think of are driving licence and work :lol: So yeah, I'll be subscribing to this thread too. Lol

I think the "important" ones are driving licence, HMRC, and passport. Because they all have either financial penalties or can restrict you (ie, travelling, depending on what name you book under!). Anything else can be done as and when you remember/get letters in your maiden name. No way am I sitting down and doing everything all at once :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->