Who does the decorating in your house?

RachA

Reaction score
I've just been doing a bit of painting on our landing and stairs as OH is busy with work and the colour has been bugging me for some time.

That got me wondering who does it in your house and why?

For small jobs it would normally be up to me. But for the bigger jobs my OH would do it.

Me & OH recently moved & we done the frontroom,stairs and LO bedroom.. we had to get someone in to doour room because the walls were such a state!! X

We probably do an equal share but i tend to do the painting. I also did some tiling last year. OH is pretty good at starting jobs and not finishing them! Or else he just takes sooooo long lol

Me, I even do any plastering that needs doing. Well you know what they say, "if you wnat something doing right, do it yourself"! lol

me. OH is crap!!!
hes the 'bodge job' man, he tried putting LOs shelves up by nailing them to the wall!!!!!

then i wanted to move some shelves in our room & asked OH to fill the holes in while i put them up in a diff place & he tried doing it with toothpaste & a butter knife... ermmmmm no!!!

The other half would paint but thats a mission to get him to do it. I cant paint I throw paint everywhere. Cant stand painting.

I don't pay anyone. OH dad does it xx

My father is law and brother in law are decorators so we get them to do it or they ask other handy men they know to do it but you really wouldn't think they were as they never finish what theyve Been doing. When we move we decided to pay someone to do it as the in laws don't get payed they dont do a proper job. Sucks really x

^^^ That is pretty typical i think. My dad was a window cleaner but my mum seriously considered paying for one as he never did them unless she told him too lol.

Always Always my Husband he is pretty good with a paint brush and with all DIY kinda stuff..........he is a messy toerag........but does a great job.........he is currently redecorating our bedroom cant wait to see the end result! lol x

I voted neither but really it isn't like that IYKWIM?

My FIL used to be a painter and decorator so he does the decorating, I make the tea & OH "Assists" :)

I choose the colour, soft furnishings, where pictures will hang...

Liam does the work ;)

We share the load - Steve does the painting and I do the wallpapering because he can't do it for toffee lmao!

I wallpapered our bedroom when I was in my first trimester - Steve had a go and didn't even get the first strip on before I told him to get out the way and let me get on with it :haha:

Me.

Since i moved into this house, i have done kids rooms, kitchen, bathroom and living room :smug:

I am pretty damn good at it too.

I am a perfectionist so each room takes about a week.

V xxx

My mum decorated our house before we moved in, we bought all the supplies and she took the time out of her life to help us which we was very grateful for.

If me and OH was to move again we'd both end up doing it together, I didn't like my mum slogging her guts out for us even though it was a wonderful gesture. She stayed up for a full 24hrs painting and wallpapering :wacko: the only thing she asked for in return was tea bags, milk, a kettle and stereo so she could play Celine Dion while doing it :rofl:

Me. My OH is useless. However, my dad sometimes offers to do it for me. He recently painted & glossed my stairs and landing but before that painted LO's bedroom. He's wonderful :cloud9:

My dad or my bil usually does all our DIY for us oh is utter crap and I'm no better

We pay some oney oh doesn't even change light bulbs my bro had to do it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->