Who else feels emotional and overwhelmed when someone tells you you're a good mum?

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
I won't lie I doubt myself all the time. In everything. Am I a good mum? Will I be a good wife? Will I be able to do the job I want? Can I really handle uni? And the other night ibhad a dream that my parents told me I was a bad mum and that I don't deserve my kids. It was horrible and I woke up in floods of tears.

Todayy grandparents came over to visit for my sister's birthday and I was talking to my grandma and she told me I was a good mum and I felt really overwhelmed and emotional. It's not something I hear often so it feels amazing when I do. Even now thinking about it, I feel like I might burst into tears.

Anyone else ever get like this?

Someone I met from here said something so nice to me once, I burst into tears when I read it. Because I find it difficult to take compliments

Yeah, oh my god I think I'd definitely cry if someone I didn't know said it because they're obviously not saying it just because your family and need to hear it once in a while. I find it hard to take compliments too especially ones that big c

My husband told me last week and I felt quite emotional its the only time anyones ever told me. I always feel like a crap mum because I have to work full time and most of the time theres just not enough hours in the day to spend quality time with my son

Makes me feel really happy when i get told im a good mum. I try my best and ive gave up so much for my kids. Sometimes i feel its not enough but i get told otherwise lol

I have never been told I am. Maybe its because I'm not? Who knows.

I don't because I don't really believe it. I always think they're either lying or just trying to be nice. Plus the only people who say it are the same people who make snipy comments or tut when I won't give him endless amounts of sweets, or look judgingly when I tell him off, I just think, whatever kind of mum I am you deffo don't think I'm a good one! :dohh:

A lady once said it in the street though, she was eating strawberries and Lucas went upto her and asked for one (because he's a meff), she offered him one and he took it and said thank you and she said "well, there's a sign of a good parent". It was about a year ago, it was only something dead small but it put me on a little high all day!

I think if you saw me day to day you wouldn't think that! But i do get a little overwhelmed.

I don't because I don't really believe it. I always think they're either lying or just trying to be nice. Plus the only people who say it are the same people who make snipy comments or tut when I won't give him endless amounts of sweets, or look judgingly when I tell him off, I just think, whatever kind of mum I am you deffo don't think I'm a good one! :dohh:

A lady once said it in the street though, she was eating strawberries and Lucas went upto her and asked for one (because he's a meff), she offered him one and he took it and said thank you and she said "well, there's a sign of a good parent". It was about a year ago, it was only something dead small but it put me on a little high all day!

I think that's why I get overwhelmed because I don't always feel like I am. In fact it's rare I do. I am constantly crying on my own in the loo thinking I'm not good enough and they deserve better but I try my best and when someone else sees that and comments on it I just feel kind of honoured in a way that somebody recognises that I am doing my best.

I think I was particularly emotional because of my dream the other night of being told by my parents I was a bad mum x

I do too!

Evie's key worker at her old nursery told me I was doing an amazing job with her when I picked her up one day. All because Evie can do jigsaw puzzles (upto 9 pieces at the time) and she hadn't looked after a kid that could at 2 years old! Made me feel so good :D

Someone once came over to me in Morrison's café and told me I was doing a great job because he'd never seen a child sit and eat a meal so nicely!! I'd actually been having a bad day and that's the reason we were in the café in the first place so it made my day! I rang my husband to tell him and just started crying down the phone at him!

I think it's because I'm always second guessing myself wondering if I'm making the right choices as a mum, and when somebody says something nice like that it makes me feel like I am doing something right after all!

x

My Mum actually told me last night she thinks i was born to be a mother, i cried buckets over that one.

I'll tell you one time I got a bit emotional was when Father Christmas said it :lol:
We went the grotto last year and as we were waiting for the lift to go out we got chatting to a fella who worked there, he was asking what we thought of the grotto etc and if the Father Christmas was any good there. We were raving about it saying how nice it all was and he started laughing and said he was the Father Christmas, he was just on his break!
But he started telling us what the job was like and some of the sights he sees coming in, then he said "you can tell good parents as soon as they walk through the door, you're definitely some of the good ones". I think it was just because Father Christmas said it but I felt all choked! :blush:

My mum could say it till she was blue in the face and I'd think aww thanks. But my dad said it when Millie was about 2 weeks old, and it really struck my heart. I balled my eyes out in private!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->