Who else had a LONG second stage/pushing?

I think it was about 3 hours - but I was a mess after a looooong labour so I cant really remember. Eventually I was prepped for c-sec and given a spinal, but then they tried to deliver JJ by forceps before doing the c-sec. They kept telling me to push, but I was numb from the chest down. Im not even sure it's possible to do what they were asking? Needless to say, it was a trauma. In the end I just wanted it over. Pushing or c-sec, I think after a long birth experience most women must feel like that. It's exhausting as much as anything else xx

It was 3 1/2 hours for me. His head was sideways an he had the cord wrapped around him so that made it difficult. But to add to that i was extremely tired from being awake for 36hrs & the contractions had tired me out even more. I just wanted to sleep! Ended up having an episiotomy to help him out. Will never forget how i felt after giving birth though. I was ok when i was on the hospital bed laying down with LO, but then i was told i had to go toilet & i wanted to try an have a shower. I felt SO poorly & after no sleep 10 1/2hrs of labour & 3 1/2 of them pushing i thought i was going to faint. Good job they had a chair in the shower!

Question for all you ladies...have any of you dealt with a prolapsed bladder/uterus since giving birth?

I have a prolapsed uterus :( It's given me a lot of worry. I'm in physical therapy for it. Pretty sure it's because of my prolonged pushing stage.

I was pushing 1 hr 20 with F he is my first, I think t was the RLT will definitely be drinking plenty next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->