Who else keeps rats?

cookielucylou

Reaction score
Who on here keeps rats as pets? Is there anyone on here from any rat forums? I am on several with the same username. I currently have 46 and fingers crossed have 2 litters on the way.

oh wow 46!! I used to keep rats, had an albino (sp) one called hooch, she was massive but sadly died not a very nice death!! I was only young when i had her, she used to walk free around my room! lol

You already know me, but I'm interested to see who else on here has ratties, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi!

I love rats! I've had them since I was about 8 y/o. At one point I had 62! Right now I have 15. They are such bundles of personality and joy.

No, I'm not on any other forums. I just don't have the time anymore :( So it's great to see some rat lovers here :) Here's a few pictures of my ratties :hugs:

Attachments

• Rat xmas.jpg
    Rat xmas.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Peach.jpg
    Peach.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Honey.jpg
    Honey.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Twinkie.jpg
    Twinkie.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
me i have had rats for the past 4 years, 18 in total.
i only have 3 now though.
i am on fancy rats forum, but i dont use it anymore really.
:) x

only been here a few days :) OH just agreed to TTC this year lol

i used to have rats and hope to have more in the future!

I had 2 rats about 5 years ago but they had to be put to sleep due to tumors, then about 2 years ago DH and I got 2 more. We only have one now because they got into a fight and the other one got badly injured and had to be put to sleep. We did not get another because the "rat's room" will need to be turned into a nursery (hopefully soon!) We didn't want to get into a cycle of constantly having 2 rats, so Molly is our last one.

Jess: Sorry to hear that Molly got in a fight with her cage mate :( I hated when my rats would get tumors, it's always so sad. I wish they lived a bit longer than 2-3 years. I did have a rat that lived 5 years when I was younger, but recently they've only been making it to 2 1/2.

I've decided to keep a few more rats because they were just so darn cute!! One is a dumbo, another is all white with black spots on just her face, and the other is light tan and just a sweetheart, named her Sweet Pea. I don't think I'll ever not love rats, they are just a part of my life :)

Jess: Sorry to hear that Molly got in a fight with her cage mate :( I hated when my rats would get tumors, it's always so sad. I wish they lived a bit longer than 2-3 years. I did have a rat that lived 5 years when I was younger, but recently they've only been making it to 2 1/2.

I've decided to keep a few more rats because they were just so darn cute!! One is a dumbo, another is all white with black spots on just her face, and the other is light tan and just a sweetheart, named her Sweet Pea. I don't think I'll ever not love rats, they are just a part of my life :)

The most recent ones were hooded rats, white with black/brown on their heads. One of my rats a long time ago was really pretty and soft but I don't know what kind, her fur was peach colored and soft. I do love them but I have a cat too who is only 3 so she has a lot of time left. I don't think I could handle a cat and rat(s) AND kids.

the 3 rats i have now are the last for a while, i used to have the money to care for them no matter what but now i am strapped for cash and vets bills are killers, it wouldn't be fair to take more on just incase theres ever a day when i cant pay for something.
it will be very sad having just one rat left!

Oh, I'm glad I have such an amazing vet. She takes care of my babies for real cheap. I had only 1 rat for a spell (then I got more) and I loved it! She got so much love and she became best friends with my cat! They would frolic around, the cat gently chasing the rat and when he would catch up to the rat he would just slightly tap her with his paw, then jump back! Then the rat would turn around and chase after the cat!! It was hilarious :haha:

Lost one of my girlies today :( She was only young and was very pregnant with her first litter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->