Who gets the bigger bedroom?

Cat lady

Reaction score
Good morning ladies,

Just wanted to know some other opinions on this, we are moving home soon (Mortgage allowing), sold ours and sale agreed with a new property etc. But we are trying to decide out of our 2 children who should get the bigger bedroom, our son because he is the oldest, or our daughter because girls tend to have more stuff.

What do you ladies think? At the moment our ds is nearly 4 and dd is only 1, so doesn't make a great deal of difference other than the fact the 3rd room is a bit smaller and would probably benefit from a mid-sleeper to aid with storage.

Thanks for your replies!
xxx

At the moment I only have one LO but he's in the smallest bedroom. When he goes into a bed he'll move into the bigger room and if we have another they will go in the small room. Just seems logical while number 2 is little. I think while your daughter is still very young it might be nice to give your son the choice. He can have the big bedroom with more space to play in or the small one with a cool bed.

I only have girls, but our rule is that the eldest gets the bigger room

At the moment Joshua is in the bigger room and Jacob is in the box room.

In a couple of years (if we haven't moved to a bigger house by then), we are looking at putting bunkbeds in the box room and have the bigger bedroom as a playroom.

at that age ide hsve who ever has more stuff in the bigger room.
when the eldest is about 8-9 ide put him in the bigger room.

when i was younger i shared the biggest room with my eldest sister & my middle sister had her own room... (theres 3 of us). i dont know why she got her own room & i was with my sister who was 10 yrs older than me. xx

Dylan's in the teeny room at the mo but will be moving into the big room in a few weeks ready for the arrival of his baby sister :)

The plan is they'll both stay in those rooms until we move (we're hoping to be able to buy in about 10 years) :)

I'm the oldest and until my parents had an extension I had the bigger room. Then she got a nice big new room. Then when we moved across country she got the bigger room there also. My parents said it was because she had more stuff. So if you think she'll have more stuff start her in the bigger room to save arguments later

My son has the smallest room as he has the least stuff.Hes 12 and basically has his games console,games,dvds,weights and a few small odds and ends.The younger 2 have loads of toys games etc and so they have the bigger room with bunk beds.

When we just had 2 kids, our daughter (eldest child) got the bigger room.

I'd say oldest but it depends if your family dynamics are going to change. :)

If this bump turns out to be a boy, he's sharing with DS. If it's a girl, DD has a new roommate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->