Who has their TV mounted on the wall?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
We are moving soon and OH wants the tv wall mounted.

I don't mind I'm just worried about how safe it is??

Xx

I think its pretty safe as long as its the right wall mount for the TV and the fixtures are all secured properly

We have one like this, its pretty much mounted onto the stand :) We got ours from eBay for £20

https://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/438146799/LCD_tv_stand_wall_mount.jpg

Depends on your walls - I wouldn't risk it on ours - they're pretty crumbly and even hanging pictures is a pain.

I think its pretty safe as long as its the right wall mount for the TV and the fixtures are all secured properly

We have one like this, its pretty much mounted onto the stand :) We got ours from eBay for £20

https://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/438146799/LCD_tv_stand_wall_mount.jpg

Ours is just the bracket, its not attached to a stand iykwim?

Its a brand new house so I'm hoping the walls are pretty sturdy :wacko:

Xx

Yeah - ours is a 1920s house so the plasterwork on the walls is a bit too crumbly for comfort when drilling/screwing into things - hence me never wanting to risk it with ours!

Mines is wall mounted now, but I'm living in a tenemant with solid walls. I'm moving to a brand new place next week and have been advised not to risk it as the newer builds aren't as sturdy :/

Mines is wall mounted now, but I'm living in a tenemant with solid walls. I'm moving to a brand new place next week and have been advised not to risk it as the newer builds aren't as sturdy :/

Oh really? Who told you this?

Think I need to ask someone in the know :/

Xx

My TV's wall mounted and it's a god send, I don't have to worry about dd1 tapping it , trying to knock it over or constantly putting hand prints on the screen. IO also don't have to worry about (touch wood) having toys thrown at it.

It has got a stand, but I really don't want to use that unless absolutely necessary.

Ours is in both our lounge and bedroom.

It was the first thing we did when we found out I was pregnant with DD1 as we didnt want to risk her pulling it over at some point in the future.

Our house is very VERY solid - built c1900 and its perfectly safe.

If im honest id be concerned about doing it in new builds as some of the walls are litterally plaster board

Oh really? Who told you this?

Think I need to ask someone in the know :/

Xx

The contractor who's building the flats! Apparantly for the first year it's not advisable to hang even a picture on the wall as the plaster has to 'settle'.. Looking forward to living in my flimsy new house with a toddler who could probably run through one of the walls :wacko:

I wouldn't trust them, they are heavy and have a long way to fall so it always seemed a bit risky to me. I have mine on a stand but I bought a separate thing which screws into the tv and into the stand so it can't be knocked over.

Well I think I definitely need to do more research into this :wacko:

xx

yeah our is, 50" wall mounted and 37", the screws are huge! TVs are insured though so if the worse happens LOL.

But no its really safe, OH knows all the safety stuff, he is really really safety concious, so it wouldnt be there if it wasnt safe, my dad is the same and he helped put it up so must be safe. Ours is an old house but the 50" is on a new wall as we had teh whole front of the house taken down in the renovation and rebuilt, so its plaster board, or at least some of it is.

I want mine wall mounted but i think my wall would die if i did it.

V xx

yeah our is, 50" wall mounted and 37", the screws are huge! TVs are insured though so if the worse happens LOL.

But no its really safe, OH knows all the safety stuff, he is really really safety concious, so it wouldnt be there if it wasnt safe, my dad is the same and he helped put it up so must be safe. Ours is an old house but the 50" is on a new wall as we had teh whole front of the house taken down in the renovation and rebuilt, so its plaster board, or at least some of it is.

I think ours is 43". He really really wants it on the wall, he's even bought the bloody bracket now :dohh:

I'll make sure he gets the right fixings for it though, you can get special ones that "claw" into the wall if its plasterboard or something? :shrug:

xx

I've heard that it's not insured if you do it yourself. It has to be done professionally to be insured.
Our 50 inch is on a tv stand and we have nylon straps which are attatched to the back of the stand so it can't fall. My LO grabs the side of the tv and swings it!

I think they are safe as long as you get the right wall mount for the right sized tv. Cos they have different sizes for different tvs etc depending on the weight.
In our home we don't really have the right living room for it to be on the wall, so we have a stand but in my mum and dads house my bedroom tv was mounted and all was fine with that, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine :) xx

You need to check with your contents insurance and the warranty on your TV because with some if you mount it yourself and not through a qualified installer, it can void your insurance and your warranty. My DH works for Tesco and if you do it yourself with one of their TVs it voids the warranty :flower:

As long as it's put on properly it's very safe. That's what we are doing when we move into our house in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->